TIM McGRAW TRIAL

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Bill Sharpe

Post by Bill Sharpe »

I'm not a fan of either performer, but I have seen them both live and they always have a steel in the band.

The "trial" and charges are much ado about nothing. Give 'em both a chance to do a show with the proceeds to go to the B.P.O. or Danny Thomas' children's hospital in Memphis.

------------------
B#

Bill Sharpe

Post by Bill Sharpe »

I'm not a fan of either performer, but I have seen them both live and they always have a steel in the band.

The "trial" and charges are much ado about nothing. Give 'em both a chance to do a show with the proceeds to go to the B.P.O. or Danny Thomas' children's hospital in Memphis.

------------------
B#

erik

Post by erik »

I just heard GROWN MEN DON'T CRY a little while ago while out in my car. I really liked it and i thought the music was rich and warm, not overdone. I know where that chord progression came from too.

As far as the song being whiney. Well that and few hundred other classic Country songs...
Chris Dufrane

Post by Chris Dufrane »

Well I'm not a fan of Tim McGraw, so my opinion may be biased, but thinking about all the charges that could be placed against him according to what I read in my local paper. I'd have written a college thesis in tickets. I'd like to see him do some time along with Kenny. I think Kenny will get out of most of the charges, because I guess the officers didn't tell him he could be arrested before they pulled him off the horse. I don't think a fine is the best solution, because they're all wealthy. Jail time would suit them best and turn them into an example of things you shouldn't do.

Court is now adjourned Image Image Image
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

B. Cole, you said it all! Like I used to tell my kids, if you hit someone regardless of the circumsatnces...YOU'RE WRONG and no one gives a rip about the original slight and/or argument. For what it's worth under normal circumstances this altercation would be a minor offense or low misdemeanor with a fine and wrist slap. I agree with Theresa. There's far more jerks not in jail that should be for far more serious crimes. The fact that some greedy cop is setting Tim up for a law suit is niether surprising or original...and it seldom works. BTW Tim is not my favorite singer nor is he in my top 1000......RC PS: McVey? Let him live. Life in prison, solitary confinement with no human contact, tv, radio or reading materials with a 60 watt bulb burning 24-7. he'd go mad in about 90 days or less and that might be fitting. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by RC Antolina on 20 May 2001 at 02:47 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by RC Antolina on 20 May 2001 at 05:42 PM.]</p></FONT>
BJ Bailey

Post by BJ Bailey »

Some of Tim's stuff is ok.But what songs I've heard,that I like mostly,they do'nt and want play on the radio.Nothing against Tim,but you just do'nt put your hand's on the law,and Kenny should have known better.The real picture of this hold mess we do'nt have.Thats the reason for their day in court.O.J. has proven to the world a rap can be beat. Now as for Faith,someone mention her strutting in the courtroom.Man I would have loved to have been there so I could really get a better look at her nable,,,,, or navel,I give up ok you spell it???????WOW just think Shania might come to help moral suport that would be two female belly butten to look at wowwwww
BJ Bailey

Post by BJ Bailey »

When some becomes known with fame ,or have fortune,which ever the case maybe.Some have a tendancey to bow to them,and some name's come to mine in the political world and the musical world.I do'nt know if this was the case.But ,I do'nt beleive that officer would have let me or the everage Joe on his horse.By the way ,you could kinda compare the officer ,to the comander in charge of the submarine,that hit the Japanee's vessal.Remember the outcome of that?All three involved deserve their reward.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

I shouldn't reply lest I get accused of McGraw and Chesney bashing. But, the point is, they are some of these new artists that labels are trying to appeal to the YOUNGER buyers with. It's not a very good example to slap them on the wrist and let them go. To me that sends the wrong message. Whether you are famous or not breaking the law is just that.

------------------
1985 Emmons push-pull, Session 500, Nashville400, 65 re-issue Fender Twin, Fender Tele

Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Craig,
I wasn't going to reply anymore either. Tim & Kenny did wrong, everyone agrees.
If this is about liking Tim's singing or not that's wrong. The trail will be later because the Judge had a heartache. Theresa
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

Factoids...Orchard Park has nothing to do with Buffalo NY. It's a smallish affluent suburb about 30 miles south.

They have a rep for being a no nonsense town.

Prince lives there.
Bobby Lee
Site Admin

Post by Bobby Lee »

Which Prince?
Pete Mitchell

Post by Pete Mitchell »

Not exactly a Theresa ally; however, Tim McGraw is doing well in his endeavors. Although I am not a fan of his, I can't help but wonder what change of heart most steelers would have in the event of the "big gig" offer from such a party.

Let's go back to production for a moment, and how difficult would it be to replicate a "new wave" production as opposed to "boomchucking" like Luther? I don't believe there is a guitar player in the world that can't appreciate or replicate what Luther did. McGraw's production would be ALMOST impossible to replicate in a honkytonk.

And what about the young "hot shot" guitar pickers who feel they are just frying on "Workin' Man Blues?" For posterity, if you've done your homework, you will find that Jimmy Burton played the exact solo verbatim on Ricky Nelson's "Milk Cow Blues" a little more laid back than he did it on "Workin' Man Blues" some 30 odd years later. So here we go with the cycle thing again! If I were to expend energy on a piece of material, why not jump into something a little more substantial ala "The Band," who, by the way, revitalized the heck out of Johnny & Jack's "Down South in New Orleans." For that matter, what about the "Dire Straits" as opposed to Tim's "Hickasaw, Choctaw, Chippewa" or whatever it was. Man, am I getting old or what? Pete

Hang 'em high!!! Lowdown, horse thievin' sidewinders!!! Image

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Pete Mitchell on 22 May 2001 at 04:21 PM.]</p></FONT>
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

My money's on the no jail time.

Bobby...Prince the singer. There's more than one?
David Pennybaker

Post by David Pennybaker »

<SMALL>News flash. The officer who got choked just slapped a civil suit on Chesney, McGraw, and the concert promoters yesterday. Stadium owners also.</SMALL>
It's times like these I'd like to be a judge.

Judge David: (to plaintiff's lawyers) Counsel, you are all being held in contempt of court -- sentence of 3 days in jail.

Judge David: (to plaintiff) You, sir, have the option of joining your lawyers in jail, paying the court costs of $x. If you bring this case before me again, you will be held in contempt of court and jailed for 30 days.

Judge David: Next case.

<SMALL>I have to agree with you all that interfering with a police officer can not be tolerated. It is just too serious to let that happen in our society.</SMALL>
I respectifully disagree. While it's never *smart* to interfere with an officer, there are times when the officer NEEDS somebody to bring him back to reality. The officer's superior officer should've suspended him without pay for week, and not allowed any charges to be filed.

This "case" doesn't belong in a criminal court OR a civil court.

I'd be saying the same thing if this was Eddie Van Halen instead of Kenney / Tim, too.

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

It was probably misprinted and the fact is he "choked"when it came time for him to do his job.This looks like a Job for F.L.Bailey..Or Algonquin J. Calhoun esq. O me what's they gonna do now dere Andy? Get a change of venue Tim,sounds like a fair trial is out of the question..Move it to L.A. they get away with murder out there.The good thing Tim a lot of people will be willing to watch out for Faith and they do have congical visits in New York Prisons.They do have anti choking classes given by the inmates themselves.And there are people there who will help your voice gain a couple of higher octaves.Becoming a soprano is not out of the question.You could even fall in love.It happens.and on the down side.......... ImageWhen you get out (2023) you will be more popular then ever but there will be no more Country music.Faith will have divorced you and is living with Smiley Roberts who just recieve a new old "sho-Bud" from an annonomous donor. The Steel Guitar Forum will be the B@njo Forum And they will be soon letting b0b out in public again Imageafter we all drove him insane trying to moderate us idiots.opps I forgot. Image Image Image

------------------
CJC

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Joe Casey on 23 May 2001 at 03:13 AM.]</p></FONT>
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Joe,
You missed your calling. You should've been a writer for "Twilight Zone". Image

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© ars longa,
mm vita brevis
-=sr€=-</pre></font>

Max Rowe

Post by Max Rowe »

I don't think Hank done it this way.......LOL
then again I think Merle & both Johnnys & a few other true blue country artists pulled some time.........Heck thats what inspired some of the best songs ever!...Just think 2 yrs in the tank & Tim & Kenny will have even greater hits to sing!..........LOL....
God Bless all!......................Knight
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

I heard the judge had a heart attack,thank goodness it was only a heartache. Image Image ImageRay

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona