Melissa has turned "Jeffran College" into a "Fraud"

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
Mark Johnson

Jeffran courses

Post by Mark Johnson »

Is there anywhere else to get the Jeffran courses?
Doug Taylor

Re: Jeffran courses

Post by Doug Taylor »

Mark Johnson wrote:Is there anywhere else to get the Jeffran courses?
I have been being used as they come up on the forum for the last 2 years.
Gene Tani

Post by Gene Tani »

sure https://www.steelguitarcanada.com/onlin ... struction/
- keyless Sonny Jenkins laps stay in tune forever!; Carter PSG
- The secret sauce: polyester sweatpants to buff your picks, cheapo Presonus channel strip for preamp/EQ/compress/limiter, Diet Mountain Dew
Darrell Criswell

Post by Darrell Criswell »

What I do not understand is whether there are more than just a few people who purchases from her? It would seem like she would not be getting any business.
Jim Fogarty

Post by Jim Fogarty »

I made 4 purchases from Jeffran between Jan/20 and June/21. All arrived. One was very delayed @ the holidays in 2020......like every other piece of mail.

I decided to stop buying because, even though my experiences were ok, I got tired of seeing all the people who were getting ripped off.

I hope, at some point, she realizes she's in above her head and sells out to someone who could market and deliver properly.
Matt Kidney

Post by Matt Kidney »

It would only take someone to make digital copies and some cloud space for them to sell MP4 versions of these. It's 2021 after all, I don't have a DVD player anymore I took one out of my PC a couple of years ago for more hard drive space.
Darrell Criswell

Matt Kidney wrote:It would only take someone to make digital copies and some cloud space for them to sell MP4 versions of these. It's 2021 after all, I don't have a DVD player anymore I took one out of my PC a couple of years ago for more hard drive space.
The problem with that, from the sellers viewpoint, is once there is a digital version they will be spread around the community for free. I know it is illegal but even people I know who sell their own instructional courses copy other people's courses for their use for free. It is just the way the world works, I know it is a violation of copyright laws
John Ciano

Jeffran

Post by John Ciano »

Hello all,

It is disturbing that many of you have had issues with Jeff's granddaughter. I do wish to report that I within the past few years I made 5-6 purchases from her with no issues whatsoever.
I believe it was last summer that she moved and promised to be back once she got settled. I keep checking but her web site has not returned. Having purchased a fair amount of Jeff's materials since the '70's I naturally need to upgrade from cassettes to CD's and vhs to DVD and replace items that fell into the black-hole in my house.
Jeff's courses have been invaluable for getting my "little fingers to play" and helping me to advance in a way I never would have on my own. Here's hoping that she has grown past the learning curve of operating a business and once again makes her grandfather's products available. If anyone has an update please pass it on. Thanks, John
Tony Oresteen

Post by Tony Oresteen »

Gene Tani wrote:
sure https://www.steelguitarcanada.com/onlin ... struction/
I just checked and they do not show any available.
Tony
Newnan, GA

Too many guitars, not enough time to play
'72 Sho-Bud 6139 '71 Sho-Bud 6140
'82 Sho-Bud 6160 '73 Sho-Bud 6138
'71 Marlen 210
'78 Fender Stringmaster T8 black '70??? Fender Champ Lap Steel
Darrell Criswell

Will Melissa reopen?

It looks like Melissa has abandoned her Jeffran website. I wonder if anyone knows what has happened? Does she plan to start selling the stuff again? She said she was moving and would resume, but that was a while ago and it looks like she has given up. It is just interesting to me that his courses seem like they will die with no one selling the despite a demand for them.