Looking for Emmons Push/Pull - #1346

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Macy

Post by John Macy »

Thanks for the info, Tiny! I am dying to get it but am going to wait until the first week of April so I can fly up and pick it up in person. Tommy helped me buy that guitar in 1972 and gave me my first lessons so really look forward to a good visit.
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Engineer/Producer/Steel Guitar
John DeBoalt

Your Emmons

Post by John DeBoalt »

I wasn't going to post this as I didn't want to clutter up the thread with unhelpful info. I had my hands on that guitar once if only for a short time. There was a benefit being held in Pulaski at that veterans club by the 81 ramp. I was playing steel for Steve Woolson's bands. Country stuff. Someone brought your dad and his steel to the occasion. Your dad put on the legs and pedal rods and I lifted the guitar out of the case toted it over to the band area, and set it down next to my Carter D-10. He played the rest of the sets, and that was the last time I had my hands on an Emmons push pull
Equipment: Carter D10, Zum Stage1,
Wechter Scheernhorn Reso, Deneve Reso, Fender Jazzmaster, Martin D16, Walker Stereo Steel amp, TC Electronics M One effects unit, JBL 15" speaker cabs,Peavey Nashville 1000,Peavey Revoloution 112, Morrell Lap Steel, Boss DD3 delay,others
Buck Reid

Post by Buck Reid »

TTT
Buck Reid

Post by Buck Reid »

TTT
Buck Reid

Post by Buck Reid »

TTT
Buck Reid

Post by Buck Reid »

TTT