CrowBear Schmitt in France

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Patrick Laffrat

Post by Patrick Laffrat »

You're right Ruth, forgiveness and friendship can be reborn from repentence. :)
Dustin Rhodes

Post by Dustin Rhodes »

Don't know the guy at all but I've done a million transactions on guitar forums and I have zero idea why people buy and sell using methods that have no protection.
Niels Andrews

Post by Niels Andrews »

Buying or selling online I only use Paypal or a trusted third party. For example I bought a Guitar from someone who was on the other side of the Country. He didn't want to use Paypal and had only a couple online postings. He did know Mickey Adams so I sent Mickey the money and he sent the guitar and everything worked out.
I am not trying to single out Mickey as a broker but as an example. People do strange things online.
I once received an envelope with $4,000.00 cash in it, no return address and no explanation. I had sold a guitar a month earlier, but that was already paid for, so I had no idea what it was for, or whom had sent it. A couple months later I received a phone call from a guy asking did I ship the guitar yet? In conclusion I sent him a check and then he didn't cash it for 6 months. My bank even called me and asked if I wanted to honor it.
Strange.
Die with Memories. Not Dreams.
Good Stuff like Zum S-12, Wolfe Resoport
MSA SS-12, Telonics Combo.
Tom Gorr

Post by Tom Gorr »

Did the issues with Crowbear start after he went to the DR... or while he was still in France.?
Patrick Laffrat

I think Steinar is right and I suppose he lives still in France.
Last edited by Patrick Laffrat on 9 May 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

I too am surprised by this. I exchanged several emails with CrowBear a few years ago and he was always very friendly and supportive. Maybe there is some kind of legitimate explanation for this? maybe something serious and beyond his control happened to him? It just seems out of character for him.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Doug Beaumier wrote:... It just seems out of character for him.
Words out of the mouths of every victim of every con artist.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Tom Gorr

Post by Tom Gorr »

Herb Steiner wrote:
Doug Beaumier wrote:... It just seems out of character for him.
Words out of the mouths of every victim of every con artist.
lol...yes...we grow to expect the behavior from those who are habitually stealing from us. ..... the deeper question of human nature....who can you trust... the good ones or the bad ones?
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i'm with doug. i've got pretty good radar when it comes to people and i'm still up in the air about this.
Dustin Rhodes

Post by Dustin Rhodes »

Did he have kids? I've heard of situations where untrustworthy family members used their families names to do things like this.
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

The ebay thing where he bootlegs Paul Franklins material could not have been done by a family member or be a mistake. He used another name that eventually links to his real name which is not Crowbear.

Come on Crowbear , man up and make things square. I always enjoyed our talks but this ripping off fellow musicians is about as low and pathetic as it gets.
Bob
steinar

Post by steinar »

Patrick, I think that you`re on to something. Thanks for the contact information to the local police. Since my French is not up to par, I have asked Mat of the French Steel Forum whether he knows someone who can use your information to either mail or call the police down there.
Sentenac Ouest seems to be a great little hideaway, and perhaps the thing about the Dominican Republic is just a subterfuge.
Anyway, well worth checking out, so thanks a lot.
Patrick Laffrat

Steinar, I sent you a PM
steinar

Post by steinar »

Patrick.

Thanks and I have replied.

Yours,

Steinar
Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

There might actually be some explanation about this. I find it hard to believe that Crowbear is a real con man as some might think. I dont think that he wouldnt intentionally do this unless there was some drastic reason. Possibly a life or death or something like that. Yes that was alot of money lost by the buyers and I really feel bad for all of you guys I really do. But I have a feeling that there is something terribly wrong. I hope that this will get cleared up.
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

The guy has been illegally reproducing and selling courses from respected members of this community for years. When you take food out of the mouth of Jean Hughey, or Doug Jernigan, or Paul Franklin, it's hard for me to regard you as anything but a thief. His new deviances are just the same behavior ramping up, Mr. Freakin' Congeniality Fo'Bro or not. He's a dirtbag.

But I don't feel strongly about the subject.
Brian McGaughey

Post by Brian McGaughey »

It is upsetting when someone who's been around and a member in good standing within a community allegedly turns on his colleagues and does something like this, especially when using the communities established level of trust toward the perpetrator to his advantage.

I don't have any inside information on this but I do have a pet theory that I'll keep to myself for now. I'm surprised no one else has put it forward.
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

Brian, dope would be an explanation, but certainly not an excuse.
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Wasn't this thread about some mis-dealings in Europe with CrowBear Schmitt? Maybe moderator could delete all the off-topic posts (including this one). They benefit no one.
b0b

Post by b0b »

The off-topic argument about payment methods and the trustworthiness of other forum members has been deleted.

Please, folks, we're not here to watch a fight. It's not an appropriate use of our limited bandwidth. This topic isn't about you. It's about someone else, someone who you don't even know. If you don't have any concrete information to add about Crowbear Schmitt, don't add anything all.

:x
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pedal-Steel-Gui ... 43e8935066

The leopard appears to have changed his eBay name, but apparently not his spots.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

I have tried in vain to get Ebay to stop him from reproducing and selling Buddy's courses but the requests fall on deaf ears.
Allen Hutchison

Post by Allen Hutchison »

Although the leopard has only made 2 sales in 6 months, it contravenes copyright & the bays own digital download rules - why won't they act???

Digitally Delivered Goods

eBay does not allow the sale of digital goods on its website.

Breaches of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Account suspension

Referral to law enforcement

Referral to the rights owner, with disclosure of personal contact information

HideSome Examples

Sellers may not list any item that is electronically delivered. Examples of items that sellers are not permitted to list on eBay:

An MP3 file

An eBook

Wallpaper for a computer

Recipes in electronic format
Charlie McDonald

Post by Charlie McDonald »

I've bought a downloaded recipe; you can buy downloaded Zoom recorder manuals.

I have no idea why you can find these things, along with Emmons' courses, on eBay when they're prohibited,
unless there's money involved.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Maybe those rules don't apply in the US?