1967 Charley Pride Steeler?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mike Brinkmeyer

Post by Mike Brinkmeyer »

I found this pic with the bass player from that night in September 1967 which I believe to be David Zettner. So Willie, Johnny Bush, Jimmy Day, Paul English and David Zettner all there - all part of either The Offenders or The Record Men. Plus I counted up 5 future Country Music Hall of Famers that were on that show - Bobby Bare, George Jones, Charley Pride, Carl Smith and Willie. Others on that show were Jimmy C. Newman and Roy Druskey. Not bad for my first concert ever.

Herb Steiner

!~

Post by Herb Steiner »

Mike, were you there at that show? The steel player doesn't look like Jimmy to me (what little there is :lol: ), and he's not playing a Sho~Bud. But if you were there... I sit corrected.

Definitely Bush and Zettner on drums/bass. I made many hours of music with both those gentlemen. :D
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Mike Brinkmeyer

Post by Mike Brinkmeyer »

Hi Herb - yep I was there. My post and pic of David Z. on bass above was a response to the last post on the previous page (sorry for any confusion). Check out the first page of this thread and you'll see pics of Jimmy Day playing with Willie (and Bush on drums) and also with Jimmy C. Newman from the same concert. I'm almost certain that the steeler in the pic of Carl Smith is Johnny Sibert.