Wisconsin Dairy Jam

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Larry Moore

Post by Larry Moore »

Hey is there a prize for driving the longest distance??
See you on Friday
Larry & Yvonne (The Jewelry Lady) Image
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

Larry- I think the prize will be a $20 gift certificate from the QT for gas. Image

Looking forward to seeing everyone especially Russ and Laney next weekend!!! Anyone bringing crackers for the cheese??

Image Kirk
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

Hey RH, they beat me to death in Waterloo, lucky I still have a reputation as a nice guy, guitarist(?). Can't wait to pick wit cha. Tell the Misses hi for Kathy and I.
Rhojer Milher
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

Didja change your name Mr. Milher? Can't wait to play with you again. By the way, I am doing one of your songs,,,,,King of the Road. See ya there. Kirk
Mark Kelchen

Post by Mark Kelchen »

Big bump for Craig's Jam!

Everyone keep their eyes peeled on Doctor Miller. Very talented hands, should have been a surgeon rather than a General Practioner. It is always good to know a Doctor of that caliber.

Russ and Laney too......What more can one say? Russ and Laney is ALWAYS a good show, and such nice folks! Isn't the Steel World great?

Everyone will enjoy a good weekend in Wisconsin, where the deer stands are plenty!

Craig, next year concentrate on deer season with a bow or firearm rather than your truck. You can always tenderize them later...
Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

I met Roje (pronouned "Ro-hay"- Cajun French for Roger), back in the early 70's, when he and a friend of his named Monte Lafoon, came to Peoria, and wound up in a music store owned by a close friend of mine, looking to buy an Emmons steel guitar.
My friiend called me, for he had no steels in stock, and Monte didn't want to buy a "pig in a poke", so I drove into Peoria, so he could play an Emmons for real.
Monte, had a friend with him who played lead guitar with him, and they were both in their late teens, or early 20's, and I couldn't believe their grasp of Western Swing at that time!
Roger, I will never forget that day, and I hope if you search your mind, you may recomember it too!
Love you and Cathy,-see you in Wisc.

------------------
Dino
George McLellan

Post by George McLellan »

Great lineup! I'm looking forward to it.
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Is there a line up for this show that maybe I could access and mention on SteelRadio this Saturday? I may not be able to attend (thinking about it - doc's been pretty good about getting me back in shape) but at least I can let everyone else know what's going on. Send me an email at steelradio@charter.net. Thanks!!

Miss Lana
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

Thanks Mark, for the kind words but I haven't played the Wi. show just yet. Never thought of being a Md, that is a scary thought.
Yes Dean, Monte and I sure had a good thing going, Idolizing the works of Russ Gricks. I had every Sorefoot Jerry album I could find in Iowa. Russ Gricks, not bad, we should find out if he still plays or not. Monte is in Mo. playing bass last time I visited with him.
Russ Gricks, sounds familiar, a pinch and a poke......Gottcha
Sue Hamilton

Post by Sue Hamilton »

Hey Guys! (and Gals)!!
I hope you're as anxious as I am for the steel show coming up. We've worked very hard to make this a success & hope that everyone that comes will have a great time. I'm putting in a punch for the ladies; I feel so fortunate that Yvonne & Larry Moore will be able to come this year. She's bringing all of her beautiful purses & jewelry. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Hey Sue and all the ladies attending - I got a few goodies from Ms. Yvonne while she was here is St. Louis. I love my little purse and have received lots of compliments on my ring. ANED - I'm so glad she is feeling better and able to travel with Larry. Maybe she'll get up and sing one of those bluesy tunes she does so well!!

Love ya
Miss Lana
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

For those interested we will still be having a little steel guitar show right in the middle of the jewelry and the purses Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Craig A Davidson on 11 March 2006 at 07:01 PM.]</p></FONT>

edited for spelling.....twice<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Craig A Davidson on 11 March 2006 at 07:02 PM.]</p></FONT>
Steve Schmidt

Post by Steve Schmidt »

I know you all are going to have a great time at the Udder Jam. I was there last year and it was tons of fun. I hope to
make it there next year, and who knows, if
Craig and the gang hasn't givin up on me, maybe I can get a spot?? It's a class show.
Steve
Larry Moore

Post by Larry Moore »

Hey Sue & Lana thanks for the plug!!!!!!!

We are planning to be there with some new things, Yvonne has a lot of new and pretty things for the Girls.
She also says for the guys take something back home to the lady you did not bring with you, she can help you pick something for her.

Also Craig I do plan to help out with both kinds of music Country & Western.
I'll try to bring something from the South & the North
See you soon
Larry & Yvonne "The Jewelry Lady" Image
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Oh my Gosh; Danny Hullihen is playing the show?? If I didn't have a gig; I would personally drive all the way up there to hear this man play.
What a wonderful player Danny is and one of the most nicest and generous/giving to the steel guitar community; folks there is.
And he makes a pretty dang good string for ya too....can't go wrong with Danny there for ya.
Ricky
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Ricky, I know what you mean. That's why I wanted him to play. He is a favorite here too. A plus is that he will bring those Jagwires with him including some more Dairy Jam sets.
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Let's give a bump forthis show. Only a few days away!

Miss Lana
Larry Moore

Post by Larry Moore »

We are all Loaded up and ready to leave for the Dairy Jam
See Ya
Larry & Yvonne"The Jewelry Lady" Image
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Hot Dawg! Only one day and a few hours before it's 'showtime' in Wisconsin Rapids! Craig and Susie, I always look forward to your great show and seeing and hearing so many friends. Looks like you have a jam-packed schedule again this year (regional pickers plus Russ & Laney, Danny Hullihan, etc.)! Anyone who loves steel guitar should gas up the car and head for Wisconsin Rapids for the weekend. ...lefty
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

Kim and I will be heading up around 2 or 3 tomorrow afternoon. I have to remember to get gas..........in the car............ See ya'll there.
Captain Kirk
Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

Russ Hicks called today, and it looks like we will be there Friday night, hopefully in time for the Jam. I missed last year, and I am forward to this year, (my 3d) playing this show. Craig & Susan are superb (if this is politiocally incorect, I don't give a big Rat's ass), Host & Hostess-and the Mead is a great venue. Chuck & Shirley Campbell are coming too, and if you can't find a slot for Chuck to play, I will share my set with him. If there is a spot open for him, if he don't let me sing one with him, I'll fire him as our bus driver-(wait a sec., it's his bus-might want to re-think that)! Any way, looking forward to this week-end, snow or not!

------------------
Dino
Pat Coyne

Post by Pat Coyne »

Well y'all are making me jealous...wishin i was "back home" in the Badger State this weekend with my friends. But hey it gives me a great opportunity to fish all the bass out of the Hicks pond this weekend!!! Will be prayin for safe travel for everyone attending...special hello to Dennis Atkins and Chuck and Shirley Campbell!!! Have fun see you all soon...have a couple cheese curds for me. Pat
Tim Harr

Post by Tim Harr »

What a great weekend of Steel Guitar!

Thank you to Craig and the gang, you folks put on a really nice show. Thanks for having me play.

Russ and Laney Hicks sounded great. Each time I see/hear them, it is like the first time. It is always fresh and entertaining.

Danny Hullihen and ladies also sounded great!

Mark Krutke - what a solid player; WOW.

Roger Miller - Bobby Caldwell has nothing on you my friend! If he ever retires from Scotty's show... you will surely have a job.

If you are anywhere in driving distance, catch this show...tons of talent and love for the Steel Guitar, it's players and fans.

I drove about 5 hrs one way ..and would do it again today if I had a chance to hear such good music.

See you next year!

Regards,

Tim Harr
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

You are absolutely correct Tim! What a show! Craig and Susie did a wonderful job of setting this up. The house band, as always was superb! I am still alittle hungry for bananas though. Image

Tim- It was great to see at least one other fellow Carter player. This was the first time for me to hear you and you are a dynamite player! ....and thank you for your service to our country!

Kirk
George McLellan

Post by George McLellan »

It sure was a great show! Superb backup band and I thought the accoustics were great. It was a pleasure to put faces to a lot of the names we see on The Forum.

BTW Kirk, did anyone change your pedal rods around? Image ;D
Geo<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by George Mc Lellan on 20 March 2006 at 07:40 AM.]</p></FONT>