My custom Ryan Rukavina lap steel - in progress

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Juan Calama

Post by Juan Calama »

Well, that's not me playing the lap steel in that video, so I can't yet tell you how it feels or sounds in person...but hopefully soon. Part of my agreement with Ryan was for him to hang on to the lap steel as long as he needed to in order to shoot videos and anything else he wanted to do for his business...
Juan Calama

Post by Juan Calama »

The BastogneCaster has shipped, should be here by Friday next week...will post my impressions as soon as I receive it (and possibly some audio samples time and circumstance permitting)...
Thomas Temple

Post by Thomas Temple »

Juan,

Congrats you are one lucky man to own what might be the worlds most beautiful lap steel guitar. Looking forward to seeing it in action.l :D
Jim Mitchell

Post by Jim Mitchell »

I am just starting to build

I posted My First Born

I bet there is an Eight string in this Cherry log some day

I am trying to play a Harlin Brothers 1956 Multi Kord 6 String 4 Pedal Steel Guitar
and a RONDO lap
Retired from Boeing Helicopters in Ridley Park Pa.
we build the CH47
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

You can build a steel with that and smoke some ribs also......
Juan Calama

Post by Juan Calama »

Well dear friends, my BastogneCaster finally arrived and boy was it worth the wait. I've owned many instruments in my life, but there is no question that I have never owned a more beautiful instrument...I am very lucky.

I have already inquired with Ryan about starting our next project together, and hopefully, it will be as awesome and head turning as this one was.

Thanks again Ryan, it was a pleasure getting this instrument and I look forward to many years of playing it and enjoying it.
Ryan Rukavina

Post by Ryan Rukavina »

Good to hear, Juan! It's certainly one of the more fascinating cuts of wood I've been able to work into a lapsteel guitar. Thanks for your patience toward my getting it done and into your hands.
We have a couple hundred years growth, a big walnut tree, and a bolt of lightning to thank, too.
It is sounding like a 'next one' will be in the carved category...
Thanks Juan.
Carlos Polidura

Post by Carlos Polidura »

Unique!!!
Thomas Temple

Beauty is as beauty does

Post by Thomas Temple »

Juan,
Many of us followed the slow but steady progress of your beautiful masterpiece, now that you have actually had it in your possession for awhile, wondering how it sounds and if you can post some sound clips? Looking forward to hearing that beauty "sing".
Tom