Anyone use a Peavey Power Slide?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Mike Fried

Post by Mike Fried »

Dom, your replacement nut also corrected a scale-length problem with the original nut. When I first got mine I was wondering why I had to play so far behind the first few frets to be in tune (am I the only one that has noticed this?). Because of its triangular cross-section, the original nut makes the actual string length about 1/4" too long. According to the fretboard dimensions and bridge placement, the actual scale length should be 24-3/4" but it's 25" from the factory (measure out the scale length of the fretboard against the bridge and nut placement and you'll see what I mean). I don't know whether anyone has mentioned this to Peavey (Bobbe?), but I think it's a significant issue that can easily be addressed.
Visit my music page at http://facebook.com/drfried
Dom Franco

Post by Dom Franco »

I really didn't notice any intonation problems, but I changed the bridge and nut almost immediately.

I placed the nut directly over the 1st black line (edge of the 1st fret) and I measured the distance to the 12th fret, and placed the bridge exactly at that dimension from the 12th fret.

No intonation problems...
BTW:
I just bought a Boss CS-3 Compressor Sustainer pedal from EBAY. I am going to try it out with the powerslide...

Dom 8)
Larry Robbins

Post by Larry Robbins »

I have two of these and have not found any intonation problems on either one. However the on the first one the tuner screws were all stripped on one side and two of the strings were strung backwards.
A small price to pay ( both easily fixed) for the money. Thats why I bought the second. I will say that the second one was put together much more carefully.
Have not had a chance to experimant with my ideas for a different set up yet but, I will before too long I hope :)
Twang to the bone!
David Pinkston

Peavey

Post by David Pinkston »

Guess it's safe to say it's the best 199.00 steel on the market...
Steve Hotra

Post by Steve Hotra »

Ordered mine today.
I bet it will sound great thru my X3L.
Now I just have to learn how to play it :)
Guitars: Rittenberry SD S-10, Gretsch Black Falcon. Effects: Wampler Paisley, Strymon Timeline, Sarno Earth Drive.
Fractal FM9
Amps: Mesa Express 5:25, Jazzkat Tomkat & Boss Katana head / various cabs.
Dom Franco

Post by Dom Franco »

Steve;
What is an X3L?

Dom Franco :|
Steve Hotra

Post by Steve Hotra »

Dom;
That's Line 6 latest POD floor model.
Tons of great patches for electric and acoustic guitars.
I've been very happy with the sounds for my Taylor T5 and Gibson 335.
Built in volume and wah pedal should be fun with the powerslide.

http://line6.com/podx3live/
Guitars: Rittenberry SD S-10, Gretsch Black Falcon. Effects: Wampler Paisley, Strymon Timeline, Sarno Earth Drive.
Fractal FM9
Amps: Mesa Express 5:25, Jazzkat Tomkat & Boss Katana head / various cabs.