Most beautiful steel guitar song

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roger Shackelton

Post by Roger Shackelton »

"ROSEBUD" by Herb Remington.
Gil Berry

Post by Gil Berry »

As a result of another post, I just listened to Frank Carter's version of "Once Upon A Time In The West" on the East Texas Steel Guitar Association website. My goosebumps have goosebumps.
Buddy Griffin

Post by Buddy Griffin »

"Mona Lisa" by Lloyd Green on the compilation CD produced by Jimmy Crawford a few years ago. Georgeous
Stephen Dorocke

Post by Stephen Dorocke »

"Behind That Locked Door" from the George Harrison album "All Things Must Pass" with Pete Drake on steel.Plus any thing with Jerry Garcia.... :lol:
Steve Stallings

Post by Steve Stallings »

Robbie Turners version of "Healing Hands of Time" is one of my favorites. My favorite C6 ride of all time is the break Terry Crisp takes in "San Antonio Rose" with Ricky Skaggs. It's not that it's beautiful, it's just so incredibly "in the pocket"!

If you ever get the chance to here Steve Palouseks first cassette (It's got an airplane on the front cover) give it a listen. Delicious!

Of course, my favorite Steel Guitar CD... Jernigans Country Jazz... WOW!
Steve Stallings
Emmons Legrande II 8X5
Robert Porri

Post by Robert Porri »

Not to take away from all the incredible songs there are, but Randy Beavers' treatment of "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" is a favorite of mine as far as beautiful.

Bob P.
Bill Brummett

Post by Bill Brummett »

There are so many out there that it's really hard to pick, but here are the ones that strike me at the moment.............. Over The Rainbow by Jimmy Day, Once Upon a time in the West by Sarah Jory, Blue Jade by Buddy Emmons, and September Song and Remington Ride by Herb Remington........
Robert Harper

Favorite Song

Post by Robert Harper »

Anyone I can play. But I do love I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry. Last night, I watched some one on RFTV playing steel and they played Old Rugged Cross. I do love that song on a steel. How about Mansion On A Hill. Well (I) We have discussed the three songs I can play. Lets go