When You Think Of Speed...

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mike Harris

Post by Mike Harris »

...and the 2009 Clifford Clavin award goes to...
Bill Hankey

Post by Bill Hankey »

Carroll,

Thanks for filling me in on the Dobro player. Tell him I said "Hi" even though we've probably never met. If his name is Johnny, it's possible. I can't forget, and I wouldn't want to, the Dobro player who played years ago in E. Canaan, Ct. Johnny if your out there, please drop a line via e-mail. I was playing my Fender 1000, back in the early 80's on that rounded porch. Carroll, I took a break from working on the raises, 3rd and 6th strings on my steel. The strings need to reposition to the precise positioning they were in prior to striking the (B) pedal. I've made some progress. "Linda On My Mind", and "Walk Out Backwards", are fussy tunes. If you haven't heard Sarah Evans sing W.O.B., she is on You Tube. Sweet music, she brings back the B. Anderson's
tune that Connie Smith sang in Nashville, in 1964. Don't miss it! Bill Anderson is accredited with helping Connie get her start in Nashville. After signing with RCA, she cut, "Once A Day" on 7-16-64. It started climbing the charts, and hit the top in November of '64. It remained on the charts for 7 months, after 8 weeks at the top of the country charts.
Bill Hankey

Post by Bill Hankey »

Mike Harris,

I would prefer to expel any thoughts of individuals on this forum finding pleasures in "membermongering". Can you hear Cliff uttering something such as that brusque term that I'm introducing to you as a Texas "teacher". What are you teaching? Please spare me from researching your motivations via transactional analysis. Where is Cliff, when you need him? That sitcom in question would have been more enjoyable, if they had hired a 5 piece country band to entertain the bar collectively at intervals of time lapses.