Robert Paul Lee (Bobby Lee) Aug 1949 - Mar 2023

Tribute to the eternal spiritual leader of the Steel Guitar Forum, Bobby Lee.
Kenneth Caine

Post by Kenneth Caine »

Thank you B0b, I enjoy the steel guitar because of the service you have done for all of us. Prayers for the family.
Carl Houtz

Bobby Lee's passing

Post by Carl Houtz »

What else can be said, only he will be missed and remembered by so many.
Rose Sinclair

Post by Rose Sinclair »

Rest in peace, b0b, and thank you for carving out this corner of community for steelers across the world. Deep condolences to the family and much appreciation that you'll be keeping the Forum going.
Terry Winter

Post by Terry Winter »

So hard to say goodbye but Rest in Peace b0b and condolences to family and thanks to the moderators of this Forum.
Bill L. Wilson

The One And Only

Post by Bill L. Wilson »

Met b0b at the Phoenix show when I believe he had just received his new Sierra steel. He truly did love to talk steel guitar, and The Steel Guitar Forum is a resource we all enjoy because of him. Thank you Sir!
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

My deepest condolences go out to all of b0b's family and friends. His brainchild, The Steel Guitar Forum, has been an incredible source of information and fellowship for steel guitar players all over the world. Words cannot communicate my appreciation for all of the hard work he put into his vision all the while maintaining his own musical projects and maintaining a job and a family life too. His love for life and his love for the steel guitar along with his intellectual input into it's mechanics and tunings was inspirational. May he RIP.
Jerome Vogel

Post by Jerome Vogel »

Sad news that came sooner than I expected. I don't know of another community organized around the love of a musical instrument that has a single online home. We owe that to b0b, who was the right man with the right plan at the right time. Gratitude for his work, and condolences to his family.
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

Totally devastated and touched to hear this today, b0b always a wonderful and thoughtful gentleman in every way, God bless old friend.
A.K.A Chappy.
Jim Fogle

Saving Country Music Website Mar. 08, 2023 Tribute

Post by Jim Fogle »

Remembering Harold Fogle (1945-1999) Pedal Steel Player
Dell laptop Win 10, i3, 8GB, 480GB
2023 BiaB UltraPlus PAK
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW
Anne Marie Werbitsky

R.I.P. b0b forum is forever

Post by Anne Marie Werbitsky »

Rest in PEACE b0b. Forever grateful to have a place 'where steel players meet online'.
Paul Mozen

Post by Paul Mozen »

RIP B0b. My deepest condolences to the family.
Bill Flores

rip Bobby Lee

Post by Bill Flores »

RIP bOb...condolences to his family.
Samuel Rogers

RIP b0b

Post by Samuel Rogers »

My condolences to the family of Bobby Lee.

b0b showed me so much kindness and went above and beyond when I purchased a guitar from him a few years ago. I have big respect and appreciation for him and this forum!

I will be thinking of him every time I play that guitar.

Rip b0b!
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

I'm sorry to say that the only direct interaction I can remember having had with b0b was to buy a few sets of strings a couple of years ago, but I'm very happy to say that the tone he and the other mods have set for the SGF make it my favorite place on the Web. Friendly, informative, humorous, and a place you can dialogue with the guys whose work is all over the radio. He deserves our heartfelt thanks and if certain belief sets are true, he's undoubtedly at this very moment saying "Aw shucks". ;-)
Robert Jones

Post by Robert Jones »

My deepest condolences to the family. May God wrap you in his arms and protect you all.
Mullen Royal Precision D10 Red Lacquer Pearl inlay 8&8
"Life is too short for bad tone."
https://mullenguitars.com/
http://www.bjsbars.com/
Ryan Gimpert

Post by Ryan Gimpert »

It's hard to say what has not already been said...but it deserves to be said again how important bOb's contribution to the steel guitar community was.
Without the SGF, myself and so many others getting interested in the instrument would have been completely lost.

Forum moderation doesn't seem like an easy job, but as another member accurately put it, bOb conducted himself with such kindness and grace. He truly was a role model in that way.

Thanks b0b for everything.
Mike Ester

Post by Mike Ester »

:cry:
U.S.A.F. 1978-1982
2005 Carter S12U 7x5
1978 Sho-Bud Pro II Custom 8x4

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.
Don Downes

Post by Don Downes »

My deepest and sincerest condolences to b0b's family.
Rest in peace, brother, and find that lost chord.
Tele, Strat, Gretsch 12-string, 335, Yamaha Bass, Blues Deluxe Reissue, JC-120, Hammond BV, Yamaha MO8, DW Collector Series drums, Cubase, and more stuff
Ricky Newman

Post by Ricky Newman »

I'm absolutely gutted by this news. b0b was an inspiration and a friend. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
Larry Jones

Bobby Lee, Mr. Steel Guitar

Post by Larry Jones »

REST IN PEACE BOBBY HE WAS ONE OF THE NICE'S PEOPLE I EVER MET.
I STILL HAVE THE SHO BUD CROSSOVER I HE GAVE ME .THEN HE GOT ME A GIG
WHEN HE QUIT HIS BAND. I PLAYED IN IT FOR SIX YEARS I'LL ALWAYS THANK HIM FOR THAT>
THAT'S WHEN I REALLY LEARNED HOW TO PLAY STEEL PLAYING EVERY WEEK LIKE THAT.
HE SENT ME HIS CD'S I JUST LISTENED TO THEM. HE WAS A STEEL PLAYERS STEEL PLAYER.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM HE WAS ALSO A GOOD SINGER.HE WAS MY GOOD FRIEND AND
A GENUINE GOOD PERSON. HIS MUSIC WILL LIVE ON.....
Mark Helm

On, no.... SUCH LOVE for b0b

Post by Mark Helm »

To b0b's friends and family....

I'm SO, SO sorry for you loss.

Unfortunately, I was in the hospital for an extended stay and when I emerged to find b0b had died, it tore me up.

But of course this was far, far worse for you and your loved ones and b0b's close friends. I can't imagine. Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.

I've been a Steel Forum member---on and off--for over 15 years (think I first joined in the early 90s... my membership lapsed and I renewed about 5-6 years ago). And I've always donated a few extra bucks whenever fortune smiled upon me. Because I LOVE this space--what b0b created.

And b0b was a real positive presence in my life, especially when I first joined and I wasn't quite aware of the wonderful culture he created (and understandably often enforced).

TBH, when I first joined the Forum, I could be a bit of a jerk. I mean, I wasn't being intentionally offensive, but, say, when a non-member posted a wildly over-priced guitar, I'd often post a snarky comment suggesting they join the real world. And b0b always sent me really nice message reminding me that, a) Not everyone has the same understanding of and appreciation for rare lap steel guitars as we do; and b) That I should just be nice.

I took his advice to heart, both on the Forum and in my "real" life, And, thanks to b0b, things improved.

TBH, I'm deeply grateful b0b had the patience to school me on how to behave in a forum environment. His advice and consul has resulted in so many wonderful relationships that never would have formed were it not for his gentle but wise intervention.

With great fondness for b0b,

Mark
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Andrew Goulet

Post by Andrew Goulet »

It's so hard to imagine the forum without b0b. He shared his knowledge with me so kindly and generously. Truly a legend in the steel guitar community. Rest in peace, b0b.
Marlen S12 and a ZT Club
Tab Tabscott

I have nothing

Post by Tab Tabscott »

I have nothing but the deepest respect and admiration for b0b. You will live in in our heats for as long as I tread the earth.
Tab Tabscott

Play nice.

They is none else.
Tom Keller

Post by Tom Keller »

So sorry to hear of Bobs passing.May his legacy live on!
John Sims

Post by John Sims »

b0b, Thank you for the support and the memories. May you rest in peace my friend... :(
Regards,

John

Steelin' is a way of life!

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).