More Buddy Miller!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Image :whoa:
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

I forgot to mention that I took these pics of Buddy a couple of years ago when he was up here with Emmy Lou. ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Stu Schulman wrote:Buddy,Used to have an Emmons. ;-)
That's the guitar that Rick Price, Scott Moon, and I used to own; it's the one Jim Loessberg is playing currently and probably will keep forever.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Herb,I've know Buddy how long? and had no clue that he played steel guitar,he told me that he had a single neck Emmons.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Stu Schulman wrote:Herb,I've know Buddy how long? and had no clue that he played steel guitar,he told me that he had a single neck Emmons.
I met Buddy in 1973 or 74, Julie the same year, before they hooked up together. Probably you too.

I remember I walked into the Armadillo one afternoon when the place was empty, and saw a woman from behind whom I instantly recognized as my old boss, Linda Ronstadt. So I went up and put my arms around her in a big hug. Imagine my surprise when she turned around and I found out it was Julie! :oops:

She didn't get mad, though. But I was mightily embarassed! :oops:

I'm pretty sure that the wraparound #5065023 is the D-10 guitar that Buddy sold to Rick Price for $500. What I recall is that both Josh D. and I wanted to get it, but neither of us had the 5 benjamins to spare.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Greg Simmons

Post by Greg Simmons »

In terms of the Wandres (2 guitars in bottom photo of Stu's) I'd read that Buddy got 'em for something like 50$ at a secondhand store in Colorado years ago:)
<i>�Head full of this kaleidoscope of brain-freight, Heart full of something simple and slow�</i>
-Mark Heard
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Herb,So it was a D-10,There ya go.Greg,I think Buddy keeps those two Italian guitars with super glue from time to time.herb I played as few gigs with Julie she had those big hoop earrings and looked just like Linda. :D
Greg Simmons

Post by Greg Simmons »

Buddy and Julie - with Greg Leisz on Steel :D

http://soundcloud.com/newwestrecords/bu ... nged-horse
<i>�Head full of this kaleidoscope of brain-freight, Heart full of something simple and slow�</i>
-Mark Heard