Favorite 5 songs you are playing with the band..

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Hey C.C.Johnson- Do you mean to tell us that you are lucky enough play all those old pop favorites in today's world? Good for you.......al Image Image

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Glenn, we play it with our standard lineup, i.e., upright bass, rhythm guitar, drums, steel and tenor sax, plus scat vocals. We recorded it on our most recent CD, "Bop-a-billy Swing!" You can hear a bit of it at the following link:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/beatswalkin

The tricky part is the chromatic run. Try to find a place where you can get two strings next to each other with notes a half step apart. I do that by lowering my third string from C to B with one KL and raising my fourth string from A to Bb on another KL, so I have the Bb and B next to each other. You could also raise your 3rd string C to C# and play it off of the D (first) string. It's fun to play; good luck with it!
Glenn Suchan

Post by Glenn Suchan »

Thanks Jim! I have the C to B on my RKL and the 4th string A to Bb on my RKR. That in itself isn't the problem. It's me pickin' the notes correctly to get the timing right. I've been using a live recording of Charlie Mingis and Gerry Mulligan as a reference. Them dudes is takin' it all over the place!

Thanks again and...
Keep on pickin'!
Glenn
c c johnson

Post by c c johnson »

Al I sure am lucky. The bandleader realizes that people, even young ones love these songs. We usually play three of them an hour and sometimes more if requested.
Jim Harper

Post by Jim Harper »

My favorite song,s are 1=Roly Poly 2=Heartache,s by the number 3=San Antonio Rose 4=Soft Rain 5=Faded Love==Jim Harper
Darrell Klein

Post by Darrell Klein »

Here are the songs I love.
Family Bible
Surely His Presence
Joy Unspeakable
He Touched Me
I Saw The Light
Darrell
Spokane,Wa.
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

Here's my five and they're just the tip of the iceburg. what a band steel players dream

C jam
blues by five
moonglow
my weakness is to strong(with vocals)
see the big man cry momma

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com