Anybody ever hear of Dave Knight?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Goodman

Post by Gary Goodman »

Rick, We (Flat out Country) host a jam session every Sunday 1:00 - 6:00 Pm at the American Legion 9520 Mission blvd Glen Avon Ca. exit, Country Village / Mission Blvd on the 60 FWy 2nd exit east of the 15 fWy.

Bring your Guitar and jam with us. Last Sunday Al Parrett came in and we had 3 steels set up at the same time. Al has a midi setup on his C6 neck and was playing some fine piano sounds. Dave Knight has a D10 Williams and is awesome and I play a LDG Sho~Bud and have fun getting a lick in now and then.

------------------

Sho-Bud LDG, Evans Fet 500, Nashvill 400, Hilton volume pedal<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Gary Goodman on 22 July 2004 at 06:21 PM.]</p></FONT>
Rick Schmidt

Post by Rick Schmidt »

Ok, I just had to bump this thread up...

Tonight I found myself as the last minute bass player sub and head cheerleader of a throw together band at a jam night at a club in Riverside CA call "Billy B's". As I'm setting up, in walks Dave Knight and illustrious forumite Jim Bob Sedgwick. I knew I was in trouble because I knew the band and I had no cool material worked out and there were very few "jammers".(i.e. usually bad wanna-be singers)

Long story short, Dave wheels in his rig, sets up, and proceeds to blow my mind. I mean to tell you, this guy is great! Chops, free flowing ideas, and a touch all his own...Dave Knight has got it all. And then to have Jim Bob(also an incredible monster picker) out in the audience...it was just too much. Thank goodness I didnt have my steel nearby! I felt so lame having to "work the room" in front of those guys.

I hope Dave and Jim Bob will talk to me after tonight. I felt like Kermit the frog singing "Sweet Home Alabama" in front of Pavarotti Image

Thanks to Jim Bob and Dave Knight for inspiring me to practice harder and quit playing lame gigs!

your recently humbled servant...Rick Schmidt
(aka Johnny Welfare Check)
Jim Bob Sedgwick

Post by Jim Bob Sedgwick »

Thanks for the kudo's Rick. BTW, I hate to burst your bubble, but I think LAME GIGS are just about all that's left. Image