10" Speaker for Princeton Reverb

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Shaan Shirazi

Post by Shaan Shirazi »

Update: The Weber California arrived on Saturday, all I can say is that was the best move I've made in a long time. I played every guitar I own through the PRV (including steel) and the amp has never sounded better. I am now a loyal Weber speaker fan!

I think I'll get two more next month for my Vibrolux Reverb!

Shaan

------------------
The Pickin' Paniolo

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Shaan Shirazi on 12 January 2004 at 06:33 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Glad to hear that, Shaan. I had the kind of night last night at my bar gig that confirmed my feelings about the Weber Cali. Driving my 15" Cali in a Marrs cab with my new Dual Showman Reverb--it twanged when I twanged, and it was rolling thunder when I, uh, rolled thunder.
You can look forward to your speaker actually getting significantly better as you play it. It takes several hours of good driving to break in. I also thought mine sounded great right out of the box and I think it is a bunch better now. (The breaking in thing is not just myth--it is fully acknowledged by the manufacturer as a physical thing.)
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Do the "Stokes" mod! My PR is now slightly over 20 watts. I also changed the power transformer to an upgrade made by Allen Amplifcation. I don't think he's making the same xformer anymore though. My PR has the glued in baffle-board, and it was no real trouble cutting it out for a 12" speaker. I use a Celestion G12H-80. Great sounding, very efficient speaker. I tried 2 different Webers, and really disliked them. just not my kinda speaker.
JB
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I put a JBL K120 in my modified Princeton Reverb last weekend. It sounded great before, and sounds even better now.

------------------
Darvin Willhoite
Riva Ridge Recording