TV Opry Apr 19

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

I caught some looks at the guitar player at times when I heard steel and it looked like he could have been faking the licks. After all, it wasn't complicated steel playing that I heard. But the again, the tone really didn't sound like a regular guitar, so it could have been pre-recorded steel. Or maybe the keyboard player is getting good at emulating the steel.

None the less, there was no visible REAL steel player in sight.

------------------
Carter D10 9p/10k
Richard Sinkler

Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

I really enjoyed Craig Morgan! Great voice and Tommy did a great job Image
Vince likes Vince!
Randal sounded really good on steel with Brad.

Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

Grammy-winning producer and engineer George Massenburg will serve as an audio consultant to the Grand Ole Opry. Massenburg has been hired for a limited time to improve the audio quality of Grand Ole Opry Live (airing each Saturday on CMT) and America’s Grand Ole Opry Weekend (a syndicated radio show set to launch in May). Although he works primarily on the West Coast, Massenburg resides in Nashville. His studio credits include sessions with Linda Ronstadt, Billy Joel, Kenny Loggins, Journey, James Taylor, Randy Newman, Lyle Lovett, AaronNeville and many others

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Massenburg looks like what the Opry needs Image. After all those great country acts he hs worked with. ImageI wonder how he is with Pyro? Image

------------------
CJC