Playing with Albert...

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Jeff Keyton

Post by Jeff Keyton »

Great posts, Roger, thanks for sharing these first hand accounts and pics.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Wonderful stuff Roger. You are a humble guy, but its clear you accomplished more in your career than most of us. I sense a lament in what you write concerning what was and what is in your life as a musician... Its something thats all too common. "Reliving the glory days"-"Looking back more than looking forward"

I promise you my friend, you are NOT alone, and you have a lot of good company.. I and so many others are right there with you on a daily basis!..... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Bob Carlucci wrote:Wonderful stuff Roger. You are a humble guy, but it’s clear you accomplished more in your career than most of us.
Amen, Bob.

How many of us have been profiled by The New York Times? https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/thea ... =url-share
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

A bunch of us old timers have probably perused this thread with interest... From Patton- one of the greatest war movies ever made... The very last line of dialog in the film is this-

"All glory is fleeting"

we can relate.... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Fred Treece

Post by Fred Treece »

Roger, your posts should be specially archived and sorted for historical insight. There’s a cohesive and significant story somewhere in all these anecdotes. And somebody should do a podcast with you, or a whole series of them. But they better do it quick before you get your new Williams 😎