If a genie popped out of a bottle and granted you 3 guitars

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I would ask for my Zum D10 that Bruce built for me in 1995.

My Red Benedetto Bambino that I sold.

My Ome banjo golden monarch that I sold.

thats it :)
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

1. Emmons ReSound '65 D10 9 + 9 - (pref blue, if not - red)

2. Gretsch G6136T-1959 White Falcon Vintage with Select
Bigsby, and thumbnail fret markers.

3. Gibson RB-7 5-String Banjo.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Jacob Yergert

Post by Jacob Yergert »

Ooooh, this is a tough one. Maybe...

A Gretsch Duo Jet similar to Cliff Gallup's with the Dynasonics.

A Jumbo Gibson from the 60s... either a Dove or a Hummingbird.

And probably a 3-pickup SG in Walnut. I'd love something loaded with Super Distortions.

Good question.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Top of my list would be my Gibson Super 400 - a 1958 CES, serial #A-28256. I should never have parted with it, not even when I sold it briefly in the '60s and certainly not once I'd got it back! I assume it's still in the Hard Rock's inventory.

(I know there are better archtops, but none would have the sentimental value of my one. And no, I probably still wouldn't play it before I picked up a Tele.)

Second: I'd like ANY of the Everly Brothers' J-200s; one of the all-black ones, the grey ones, or the black with white 'guards. Albert has Don's - Phil's black-with-white is still in his family's possession.

Third: This is hard.

A) Any prewar Martin 000-45 (14-fret version)

Or:

B) A brand new Emmons Resound, 9+9, black with a red belly. I can't get sentimental about old steels, but these new ones are works of art!

I know that's a sneaky 'four'. Sorry.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Michael Lee Allen

Post by Michael Lee Allen »

Dave Mudgett already asked for Mike Bloomfield's Sunburst Les Paul so...
Earl Hooker's Gibson double neck
George Pritchett's custom ordered thin line Blonde Epiphone Emperor with a single Christian pickup
Bill Jennings' Gretsch Electromatic with the double pick guard customization because he was left-handed

But I know who has the double neck, it's not for sale or playable either. The Pritchett guitar belongs to a family member, and the Jennings guitar has never surfaced, so being realistic...

Peerless Guitar Research Eddie Durham JX17N Natural (I have two sunbursts)
Peerless Guitar Research Eddie Durham JX16G gold double pickup
Fusion Blues Villager
MLA