TC Furlong Sesh 400 stomp box

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Ordered mine and can't wait to get it!!!!

SH
DALE WHITENER

Post by DALE WHITENER »

Received and used mine at a gig this Saturday night. It performed perfectly and sounded awesome! I ran it through a Quilter 202 in FRFR mode . Thanks TC great product!!
Dale
Dave Campbell

Post by Dave Campbell »

i'd be interested in something like this to be used with an unpowered cabinet...sort of like the quilter power blocks.
Jon Jaffe

Sesh

Post by Jon Jaffe »

TC, Nice work. My son is a metalhead. About 15-20 years ago, I gave him a Session head that he still uses unmodified. What would you use to make it sound like this?

:lol:
Danny Naccarato

Post by Danny Naccarato »

I’m curious at the db gain? I have a Jay Ganz Straight Ahead on the way, and will use my Strymon Iridium in front of it, but this sure has me interested.
Danny Naccarato

I’m curious at the db gain? Also, for going direct, is an IR Loader pedal needed for cabinet sim? I have a Jay Ganz Straight Ahead on the way, and will use my Strymon Iridium in front of it, but this sure has me interested.
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Danny Naccarato wrote:I’m curious at the db gain? I have a Jay Ganz Straight Ahead on the way, and will use my Strymon Iridium in front of it, but this sure has me interested.
I'm building a pedal board with the Straight Ahead,an Iridium,the Sesh 400,and probably
a Strymon Flint...I'll run it into a Marrs cab with an Eminence EPS-15C in it.

SH
Danny Naccarato

I've got the same cabinet, only it has a Telonics. Jay had mentioned you had an Iridium going into his amp. I had tested this going into the return jack of a Quilter 202, but volume was lacking, even after pumping up the IR level in the Iridium. I'm assuming the Straight Ahead will have a the power needed...
I'm using either a PF 400 or TT15 IR, which are great...

Thanks Steve.....
T. C. Furlong

Post by T. C. Furlong »

Danny, I’ve used the sesh.400 in as many situations with power amps as I could find. I have used it with a few different power amps (including on of my SPLIT powered cabs) and I’ve used it with a Quilter Toneblock 202 as the power amplifier (going into the effects return). Plenty of gain for the 202 and anything I and others have tried. I has worked well in all cases. It can also be used with a combo tube amp (with no power amp input). Just set the SENSITIVITY and MASTER controls to about 9:30 for unity gain. I also like turning the tone controls on a Fender amp and sort of using the sesh.400 as a full preamp with gain. Having that good sounding midrange control on a tube amp, along with a bass bump, is very nice.
Danny Naccarato

Another question Steve… are you mounting both the Iridium and Sesh 400 so you have a choice on the fly, between the 2?
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Danny Naccarato wrote:Another question Steve… are you mounting both the Iridium and Sesh 400 so you have a choice on the fly, between the 2?
Yes!An”A-B”box can accomplish this…I would like my effects pedals to
work with both preamps…VP to A-B to preamps…

I guess I will figure out how to run both preamps into the Straight Ahead-a looper may be in order...
Last edited by Steve Hinson on 4 Apr 2023 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Danny Naccarato wrote:I've got the same cabinet, only it has a Telonics. Jay had mentioned you had an Iridium going into his amp. I had tested this going into the return jack of a Quilter 202, but volume was lacking, even after pumping up the IR level in the Iridium. I'm assuming the Straight Ahead will have a the power needed...
I'm using either a PF 400 or TT15 IR, which are great...

Thanks Steve.....
Danny,the Straight Ahead has plenty of power...I've tried it with the Iridium and the Kemper...I've run some preamps through the TB 202 and it was loud enough to suit me...gonna try the Sesh 400 through it too!
Danny Naccarato

The end of my chain is a Diso+… isolated transformers. Great DI. Multiple 1/4” in, XLR and 1/4 outs. Sum switches. Thinking you could run your pre’s to something like that.
Mitchell Smithey

Post by Mitchell Smithey »

I finally hooked my sesh 400 up last night. Ran into a Jay Ganz power amp into a single 12”, sounded fantastic and plenty loud for any gig. Nice and clean with that present low end that we all liked in the original Peavy amp.
I opened it up to take a look, T.C. used very high quality components throughout. It makes a difference.
This little box is a winner.
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

TC has hit a HOME RUN with this preamp!

Got mine yesterday and have been trying it with various power amps
and speakers...it sounds great with them all!

Congrats,TC...you are gonna be busy...

SH
Danny Naccarato

Glad to hear that Steve.... Thank you
Danny Naccarato

Ordered mine today!!! Can’t wait :) Those positive comments from Mitchell & Steve is all I needed to hear!!
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

Such a pity that our import tax in the U.K. is horrendous.They even tax us on the cost of shipping which would probably mean a U.K.resident would pay a total of $600for a Sesh. Grrrr
T. C. Furlong

Post by T. C. Furlong »

Billy, ...Respectfully...You need to factor in what you don't pay for health insurance. I pay about $800 per month here in the US. If you were to set aside the premiums you save, you could buy a sesh.400 every three weeks. Standing by for your order my friend :)
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

Hi T.C.
I hope You are well and are getting many orders for the Sesh.
In all honesty it would be overkill in My present situation. For one , the "Live" scene here is disastrous,duo and kareoke performers take the lions share of anything that is available. I have not played outside My home for about two years and the BIG drawback is the dreaded Old age,I will be 81 in a few days and the mere thought of carrying My guitar and equipment to a gig makes me feel exhausted.
I wish You all the best and if I manage to find the elixer of youth,I will not fail to place an order.

Best regards Billy
Danny Naccarato

Image Without a doubt, the Sesh.400 pedal (going into Jay Ganz Straight Ahead power amp) is the best sound I’ve ever had. Huge bottom end, clarity beyond words. Clean crisp tones in Hughey Land. I also tested the Sesh going straight to my in-ears (thru a Diso+ DI) and had the same results. I did not have to change a thing. This unit is simply amazing.
Jack Stanton

Post by Jack Stanton »

Another big thumbs up from me. Received mine yesterday, plugged it directly into my interface and got a great recording sound. TC has a big-time winner here...
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

I haven't decided yet if I'm getting one (but it's definitely got my interest).

But -- how have you guys ordered it? I'm not seeing a commerce page. Are you just contacting T.C. via his page?
Danny Naccarato

TC Furlong has posted his website on this thread with the direct link....
Carl Williams

Post by Carl Williams »

I’ve visited TC’s website but haven’t found a “buy option”…
Last edited by Carl Williams on 30 Jul 2023 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.