William Litaker

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

RIP William, boy oh boy this has been a bad year so far for steel players passing
Doug Taylor

Post by Doug Taylor »

I listened to one of his broadcast a couple days ago. I sure miss those videos each week. He gave me so much encouragement.
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Sorry, double post.
Last edited by Rick Campbell on 12 Sep 2022 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Bill Sutton wrote:Im still not over William's passing. I will miss William...He was my friend for 47 years. We had some great times together picking our Steel Guitars. I miss going to William's house to work on his guitar...If he had a problem with his guitar...He would always call me...and if he ordered new parts...He would always order some extra for me. He was A great friend. My most deepest and sincere condolences to Williams family. RIP William Im gonna miss you.
Bill,

William had a lot of respect for you. He spoke highly of you, and you know William didn't pass out compliments too easily. He told me years ago what a good player you are, and upon seeing/hearing some of your work, I agree. He helped me learn a bunch of licks. He was one of a kind. I miss him and his sense of humor.

William was a pioneer in using online video to teach people to play. I know he struggled with getting everything to work in the beginning, before it was as easy to do as it is now. But, he figured it out.

RC