Chubby Howard

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Lee Gillespie

Chubby Howard

Post by Lee Gillespie »

Just learned of Chubby's passing. Truly Sorry....Chubby, Larry DeRocher and I formed the FIRST Steel Guitar Society When I lived in Tacoma Wa. Chubby had a daily radio show that really helped form the society Rest in peace old friend....Lee Gillespie
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

Truly, one of the nicest, most genuine of a guy I've met. We did a series of shows with BoxCar while Chubby was with him back in the 80s and it was a great time.

I'm saddened to hear of Chubby's passing but I'm happy I knew him and for the life he lived. Be with The Lord now my friend.

My prayers and sympathies go out for his family and friends.

Sincerely,
Chris "Tiny" Olson
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

So sorry to hear this. I wish I woulda' run into him back when I was living 7 miles from Xenia in the early-mid 70s. He had a great run. RIP Chubby.
Danny Hammers
Location: Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.

Ray "Chubby" Howard, Arrangements

Post by Danny Hammers »

Chubby's Arrangements
All times are EST.

The family of Ray “Chubby” Howard invites you to join in celebrating and remembering a life lived to the fullest. All are welcome.

Visitation: Monday, January 3, 2022, 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m., Anderson Funeral Home, 1357 East Second Street, Franklin, Ohio

Funeral Service: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 2:00 p.m., Anderson Funeral Home, 1357 East Second Street, Franklin, Ohio, with burial to follow at Woodhill Cemetery, 6228 Hamilton-Middletown Road, Franklin, Ohio

Reception and Dinner: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, immediately following the funeral service and burial, Deliverance Tabernacle Worship Center, 3200 Manchester Road, Middletown, Ohio

Rest In Peace Ole Friend
Gibson Console Grand D8 - Weenick DT-10 - Dynalap S8 - TriboTone Bars
Nashville 112s - Vegas 400
Member:
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA
Keith Bolog

RIP Chubby

Post by Keith Bolog »

Ohhhh how i wish I had seen this in time to attend. God Bless you Chubby may his perpetual light shine upon you.
Say what you mean. Mean what you say.