Eminence Neo Speakers (Who Owns One)

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bobby D. Jones

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

I have an Eminence EPS-15C. I built a Birch plywood cabinet for the speaker. Used an Evans amp/reverb setup with it for a while. Then I got an Evans AH 200 amp head and it worked ok with the EPS-15C. I never got the tone I wanted with the AH 200. I then bought Quilter Tone Block 202, It did not give me the tone I wanted either.

I was using a set of George L .155 diameter cables from the guitar to VP to Amp. There was a post here on the Forum about Small Cables and the problem they could cause. Changed to D'Addario cables, And now the AH 200 or Quilter TB 202 and the Eminence EPS-15 have the sound and tone I was searching for. The Quilter TB 202 and the EPS-15C are my 25lb. Mound of Sound. This is my traveling amp. now.

Roy Carroll

Post by Roy Carroll »

I have one TT-12 and 1 Telonics 12. They are in separate but
same cabinets. The Telonics have a bit less bass that the TT-12 to my ears. However, when played at a gig, one can't tell the difference at stage volume. I like them both, but use the TT-12 in most settings.
:D
Just north of the Weird place, south of Georgetown
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

The early Webb I recently acquired came with the Eminence 3015LF neo and sounded very good but had no highs above 3kHz, thus lacking in "shimmer" factor. After reading user reviews here on the forum I had intended to swap it out for a TT15 but quickly found the entire Eminence TT line is cutrently on back order, apparently only available from sketch ebay merchants. Hopefully they will get this sorted, as it still appears to be the best neo option.
billy tam

Speakers

Post by billy tam »

Tom, I have 3 neo speakers I use. EPS 15c In my Evans Fet500, Telonics 15, and a Sica 15. I use a JBL d-130f with my ‘68 Showman head at home but if I play out I take one of the neo’s for weight reasons. Of the 3 neo’s I like the eps-15c best.
Billy