Help with Emmon's LeGrande

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

deleted
Last edited by C Dixon on 5 Sep 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
A broken heart + † = a new heart.
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

I bought a new a LeGrand in late 80’s that did the same thing. I was just still learning to play and I know what caused mine. It was because my foot would slide off pedal and they would pop back against that plate. It was string 5 the worst and 3 also did it but not as bad. My guitar didn’t have many hours so I know it wasn’t from normal wear. I took guitar to St Louis convention and Jack May remember it. We did determine that was problem and I wound up trading it for a red LL III that Larry Sasser had played on the show.
The guitar was a LeGrand with a gray front apron and red on top D-10. Would like to know if any you forum members may have it. It sounded awesome and the LL III never did compare to the tone of It.
I don’t think lube or anything else could have caused it. Even though my guitar did lower 5, I really never used it as I was just beginning on steel guitar so I’m 100% sure that foot sliding off pedals caused it. As I learned to play better, it never happened any more and I’ve owned several Legrands.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.