Band in a Box 2017 Audiophile

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Edgar Price

Thanks Greg

Post by Edgar Price »

I just ordered the audiophile version from the MIDI store. Any advice on where to download some songs would be appreciated, it would be nice to have some songs ready to go while I'm learning the program.
Jim Smerk

Post by Jim Smerk »

Greg Cutshaw wrote:According to PGMusic I can also install The RealTracks and RealDrums on my computer's hard drive but they would first be converted to wma files before being placed on computer's hard drive. I left them outboard to keep them as .wav files.
That is insane!

If the Audiophile version is the same as the standard version, EVERYTHING is in a folder called bb on the PG Music drive. All you have to do is copy that entire folder over to you hard drive & start the program from the bb.exe icon inside that folder. Creating a shortcut on the desktop makes things simple.....:)

I have done this for every BB I have owned that was on a HDD, and have never had a problem. Again, this was for the Standard version, I am NOT sure if it is the same for your version. 8)
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

In PG Music's own tutorial video they emphatically state that the Real files will not stay as wav files if you choose the option to load them all automatically on the hard drive!

See this video at 0:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDVnKn12soI

Are you running the SampleTank or Coyote synthesizer with BIAB? I understand that SampleTank has much better instruments than Coyote but requires more CPU power. Both are included with BIAB.
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

if you are going to load the whole thing on your hard drive you're wasting your money. It's an external hard drive, to be used in conjunction with your computer.
That's the whole idea.
I load only the basic biab on my PCs and my laptop and I just plug the Audiophile in whichever!