Russ Wever & Johnny Cox

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Thank you Bill for the kind words.

I do get to play on some major shows, but as I stated, I will support every show that it is possible for me to attend.

And I am ready to come back to Jacksonville!!!!! :roll:
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Hey Johnny, Where is the Delaloye/Daly Memorial Jam?
Please excuse my not knowing, just never heard of it before. J.R. Rose
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Joan Cox

Post by Joan Cox »

It is going to be held on Labor Day ( Monday) this year. It is going to be at the Tattooed Lady, a bar, in Moscow Mills, MO. It's a time where everyone that was friends with Bob and Carroll get together and play music and remember them and our other friends who are no longer with us. I look forward to it every year.
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

I am looking forward to the Jam on Monday in Moscow Mills.
Last edited by Johnny Cox on 21 Aug 2015 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Ted Barnhouse II

Post by Ted Barnhouse II »

Why is it that Steel Players get their feelings hurt for not getting invited to play? I know that there are not too many of us but there are enough that it would be impossible to invite everyone to play. Every year I hear the same complaints so and so didn't get to play. Or the ever popular it ain't like it used to be. For crying out loud guys it's Scotty's show. He can do what he wants he has certainly earned the right to. He may not have ever played behind the big star's or be recognized nationally. He has for over 40 years been the foremost promoter of the Steel Guitar. No matter who is on the program I always get something out of it. I got the biggest surprise the other day. My youngest son wants me to take him to the show. He says it's been too long since he's been there..........priceless.
Billy Henderson

Steel Convention

Post by Billy Henderson »

A lot of good pickers not invited to play. I can't see how they could leave then off, especially Johnny Cox.