Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

I see there is a fellow named Don Brouillete of Ohama
who has survived 20 years and still going strong with
a new heart. Long life to you Micky.
heavily medicated for your safety
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

Ken...there's a guy in U.K. on 30 years now post heart transplant...but it's luck of the draw. I have lost personal friends on 5 years, 13 years, 16 years, and last week a musician friend at 17 years. We all aim to stay here and follow all the do's and dont's but if your time is up, you can't do anything about it...so we try to enjoy our lives. :D

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

All the more reason to make it to the Dallas show soon Micky --- you have to enjoy this things while your health is good mate ... just ask Ken Byng :D
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Fred Glave

Post by Fred Glave »

Congratulations Micky!! I sincerely hope you have many, many more Birthdays. I remember when you gave me words of encouragement when I became frustrated with my playing/learning progress after having aortic valve replacemetn and heart failure. It felt as good to read your words and story back then as it does today.
Zum Encore, Zum Stage One, Fender 2000, Harlan Bros., Multi-Kord,
Tony Smart

Post by Tony Smart »

Best Wishes Mick as always.
Everyone's said it all.
Tony
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

Fred....glad I gave you some help. Paddy...I'd love to, but I have this worry of loosing my medication. I'm on 130 pills a week...and they are taken 4 times a day for life...I'd soon forget to take some with all those great pickers out there :D ...and I'd be in sh#t street ;-)

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

Thanks Tony....you should be out on the road playing, you're a super picker...in case some on the forum didn't know...this guy can "REALLY" play :D

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.
Tony Smart

Post by Tony Smart »

Enough of all that old flannel Mick.
By the way, where is Shirt Street?
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

Not flannel at all mate...and you know where Sh#t street is. Do you still collect "dust" ?? Old age is creeping in now :lol: I'm off to bed now...I'm knackered!! Take care sunshine :)

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.
David Wiggins

Post by David Wiggins »

WOW Micky! How wonderful, 15yrs; another miracle by the great Sir Magdi Yacoube and the team at Harefield Hospital!
Well done mate, keep hanging on in there, we love having you around. It seems an age since I cast you an extra Sho-Bud pedal and you went univeral tuning. Brenda and I wish all the very best mate, its your mental attitude that we all admire!
When that Voice Doc looked down your throat and said "you'll never sing again"! he didn't know who he was addressing; Steel by trade, STEEL by nature!.
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

Thanks Dave and Brenda...time flys, and I remember us comming to your place to see and celebrate the arrival of year 2000. I was only 9 months post transplant, and wondering about my future.I'd like to get back in a travelling band,but the spirit is willing but the flesh is week. All those hours driving and getting lost even with a sat nav, doesn't appeal to me anymore. Local work sure, but in this country, as you know we have miles to travel to gigs :(

Micky "scars" Byrne...hopefully the next scar on the horizon wont be too bad if they do a Laparoscopy and not the "open" repair. Actually I am proud of my many scars...it's me!!! :D

U.K.
Dennis Lee

Mick

Post by Dennis Lee »

Bless you, friend! Many many more to come!
Micky Byrne

Re: Mick

Post by Micky Byrne »

Bless you too Dennis...take care :D

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.
David Mason

Post by David Mason »

It really is amazing. I know that some things rise, others fall, and our preference for "the good old days" has some basis in personal values... but I picked up a Merck (home medical) manual from the mid-70's at a library sale, and back then, the "cure" for the disc condition that ails me was bed rest, and morphine. And that's, like, it. Lie in bed gacked out of your gourd until you die... and whether you feel rich or not, it's worth noting that Alexander the Great - at that time, a ridiculously "rich" guy - master of the whole known world - died of "a fever." King Tutankhamen, ditto (rich), ditto, dead from a chariot accident. Farmers had ten children because you needed five to work the farm - and half of 'em died before you get them in the harness. I don't even know which end of a windmill you plug a steel guitar into...?
Gene Jones

Post by Gene Jones »

Mickey, you are an inspiration. Be sure to occasionally season that heart healthy diet with a fine steak and a glass of vintage wine. You deserve it!
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

Oh I will Gene...no worrys :D When I got to 10 years I had a huge party at a Pub near me. 15 years to me seems another mile stone, but it's just a little gathering over at our house.

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.