Canadian Steel Manufacturers

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Banville

Post by Ben Banville »

I drove all the way from western Massachusetts to London Ontario for one of Bent Romnes' steels guitars, and what a fabulous steel it is! It's a Twang Machine! and I LOVE it! Awesome!

BenRom pedal steel, 1963 Guild Starfire III, Gretsch 5120, S.A. Robelli Strat, Fender 1957 reissue Mex. Strat, Fender Highway One Tele, Schecter Jazz-6

"Ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in"...Leonard Cohen

Ain't nothing quite like hearin' that high lonesome bent sound!
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Ben, Thanks for the great plug, my friend!

Ben took a chance on me and my BenRom Steels and was the first American to buy one. Considering the fact that US builders make so many quality pedal steel brands, I feel that this was a big feather in my hat.

Ben has 004; 005 went to Norway and 006 went to North Bay, Ontario. 007, the one that is nearing completion now, is going to Norway, to my first repeat customer, Knut Norbotten, who also has Blue, which is 003

Ben has become a friend of the family..that's just the way Ben is. He is coming this way in July to have some adjustments and additions made on his beloved Blackbird as we dubbed it. (Black walnut and Birdseye maple)
Don Walters

Linkon Steel Guitars website

Post by Don Walters »

He's a link to Wayne Link's website, including a collection of some of his Mid-Canada Steel Jamborees.

http://www.mts.net/~linkon/