Love my tiny SGI S-10 & D-10 Steelguitar

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Douglas Schuch

Post by Douglas Schuch »

Just thought I would point out that one of these has shown up on Ebay for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SGI-Pedal-Steel ... 0989537154

I have no connection to the sale, so this is just for general info purposes.

I requested underside pics, which the seller has now posted. I think there must have been two versions of these steels - pull/release, and all-pull. This is the pull-release version, so presumably the coped is somewhat (or completely?) fixed. Didi's, above, looks like an all-pull changer. Compare the pics above of Frank's and Didi's changers.

I also note that some came with slots and tuners like a typical classical guitar - not as pretty, but probably the simplest, lightest means for mounting tuners. Didi's and others show a more traditional headstock.

I find these very interesting - they would be great for simple gigs.

Happy bidding!

Doug
Pedal steel, lap steel, resonator, blues harp - why suck at just one instrument when you can do so on many?
Raymond Eicher

SGI-10 vs ETS-10

Post by Raymond Eicher »

Your SGI's look sharp gentlemen but they remind me so much of my ETS s-10 guitars made right here in America.
3x5 aircraft aluminum 24 lb guitar (40 lb in case), triple raise & lower, split tuning, George L pickup, no cabinet shift.
Here is to hoping the great Bud Carter will be able to restart a great American company after such a tragic loss.
Ray Eicher
GFI ULTRA D-10, GFI Expo S-10, 2 ETS S-10, Justice 3x4, Rickenbacher, Fender and Supro lap steels, Tut Taylor and National resonators.Fender Deluxe, Marshall Class 5, Peavey amps and way, way too many guitars.