Pictures of your steel/recording workstation?

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I don't have any pictures of my Recording DAW setup. But its a new PC (with an i7 3770 CPU 16GB RAM and an 128GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive), Roland Octa-Capture and an MAudio Fastrack Ultra 8R recording interface units, Behringer BCF 2000 for Mackie control surface emulation, Frontier Tranzport wireless controller, Samson Resolv 6.5a studio monitors, Presonus Dual Blue-Tube preamp, Rolls RA62 rack 6 channel headphone amp and a TRS patch panel. Alesis SR-16 and SR-18 drum machines. Edirol PCR500 MIDI keyboard/controller.

Sonar X1D Extended 64 bit recording program, Melodyne and Ozone 5. I also have ProTools MP9 but really not doing anything with it.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Post by Bishop Ronnie P Hall »

Hi Jack! :D (Stoner)
It sounds like you`ve got some good quality equiptment there, Though you may not have any photos, is it possible, that maybe you could share some of your music through pico, soundcloud, or even you tube etc.? I for one would love to hear the sound quality. Be blessed my friend!
Ron
Bishop Hall
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hi again, John! :D (McClung)
I was just thinking, did`nt "Papa Joe Pollick" have a subject similar to this a while back? So I went back and found it. I think there is a good tie in to this subject matter. I hope this is okay John? If not, please feel free to correct me, and the situation?
Bishop Ronnie P. Hall

CLICK HERE
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=130016
Last edited by Bishop Ronnie P Hall on 29 Oct 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

:cry: .
Last edited by Alan Brookes on 11 Aug 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Still fascinated by the responses! Thanks, everyone, keep 'em coming.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Here's an earlier shot of mine. It's much messier now.

David Hartley

Hi

Post by David Hartley »

Great thread....

Bishop Hall... Looks impressive..

We all like our knobs and buttons, don't we.
Dennis Bailey

Post by Dennis Bailey »

Here is part of my one car garage converted into a practice room
Image room.
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hey Dave! :D (Hartley)
Glad to know you are in on this! :) Yeah, I guess we "all" do love our "knobs, and buttons", and one of these days, I`m gonna find out what they all do!!! And then I`ll really be able to make even more "noise", and "mistakes", than I do now!!!! :lol: Look out world!!! :lol: :lol:
Ron
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hi Dennis!, (Bailey)
I`ve got to admit, You have the cleanest, organized studio set up I have ever seen thus far. I dont know what your secret is, but whatever it is, keep up the good work.
Ron
Johan Jansen

Post by Johan Jansen »

Tony Williamson

Post by Tony Williamson »

:whoa: :whoa:
stelling banjos . shobud ldg and superpro/ martin hd28v weber mandolin, session 400, danelectro delay, korg d3200, bose L1 x2
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Johan Jansen wrote:Image
Game over! This guy wins... LOL
Been at this damn thing for a few years now. Not so sure that I'm getting anywhere but it is fun. Sometimes.
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

When I need to track in the studio at home, I park the steel in front of the computer and roll. Looks like many here have the same setup. But here's what happens if I leave it sitting there too long...
Stop by the Steel Store at: www.markvanallen.com
www.musicfarmstudio.com
Dennis Bailey

Post by Dennis Bailey »

Ron, Thanks, but this is actually the most organized part of my house. If you saw beyond the pic you may wonder how I find anything!
Johan Jansen

Post by Johan Jansen »

well, this is where I'm saving for :) but first another used car :)

Jim Hollingsworth

Post by Jim Hollingsworth »

Hey Mark, I suffer from the same studio cat problem!!!!!! I am looking for new mic pre's - How are the Focusrite & AG Pre - 73's??? I am leaning towards the Pre-73's because of their Neve-ish vibe. What's your thoughts on them??
Jim
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

Hi, Jim, don't think it'll derail the thread to answer:
I LOVE the GAP Pre-73 line. While there are loads of guys who modify them to get closer to actual Neve specs, they are very much in the ballpark, and for the money can't be beat. Definitely a character pre, and great on all kinds of sources.
The Focusrite ISA 2 is another real winner, less colored but very detailed and still warm. Currently one of my favorite pres.
if I were starting a budget studio from scratch, these would be a couple of my first purchases.
I also have the GAP Comp 54 compressors, great as well, but there are others I like as well.
Stop by the Steel Store at: www.markvanallen.com
www.musicfarmstudio.com
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Well after three months in the new house and working each room at a time the following rooms are done, three bedrooms, hallway, dinning area/kitchen, kitchen, living room. So now I finally was able to spend a couple of days playing with the "fun" room what is to eventually become the "bar/music" room. Now that it is emptied out for the first time since we moved in I remeasured and began laying out the stage and bar area. The stage will be 5'x22' which I will use 2x6 with 5/8 plywood, then the drummer's area will be doubled up (raised) on the one end. The way I have things mocked up right now the stage is big enough for the drummer, steel, lead, rhythm/singer, bass player, another guitar and or singer and the keyboard player at the other end.

I currently have my Yamaha electronic drums & a Behringer 300 watt amp (great drum/keyboard/bass amp), my MSA D-10 Classic with Fender 212R, Fender BXR 300c bass amp w/15" Carvin speaker that I added), Peavey 212 Deuce, Casio WK-8000 88-key keyboard, Carvin RX1200 PA with Carvin floor monitor, Yorkville Pulse 15 mains, HotSpot monitors. I will have all of this equipment set up and ready for use for our musician friends once the stage is built. I set all of this up the other day to mockup where the stage will be built. I am hoping for a plug & play set up so people will just bring their guitars and come on over to our weekly Friday night jam and have fun. That is our goal...

Been at this damn thing for a few years now. Not so sure that I'm getting anywhere but it is fun. Sometimes.
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

From a few days ago...

John Macy
Rockport, TX
Engineer/Producer/Steel Guitar
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

[quote="Joe Gall"]Well after three months in the new house and working each room at a time the following rooms are done, three bedrooms, hallway, dinning area/kitchen, kitchen, living room. So now I finally was able to spend a couple of days playing with the "fun" room what is to eventually become the "bar/music" room. Now that it is emptied out for the first time since we moved in I remeasured and began laying out the stage and bar area. The stage will be 5'x22' which I will use 2x6 with 5/8 plywood, then the drummer's area will be doubled up (raised) on the one end. The way I have things mocked up right now the stage is big enough for the drummer, steel, lead, rhythm/singer, bass player, another guitar and or singer and the keyboard player at the other end.

I currently have my Yamaha electronic drums & a Behringer 300 watt amp (great drum/keyboard/bass amp), my MSA D-10 Classic with Fender 212R, Fender BXR 300c bass amp w/15" Carvin speaker that I added), Peavey 212 Deuce, Casio WK-8000 88-key keyboard, Carvin RX1200 PA with Carvin floor monitor, Yorkville Pulse 15 mains, HotSpot monitors. I will have all of this equipment set up and ready for use for our musician friends once the stage is built. I set all of this up the other day to mockup where the stage will be built. I am hoping for a plug & play set up so people will just bring their guitars and come on over to our weekly Friday night jam and have fun. That is our goal...

Gary Moore

My Studio

Post by Gary Moore »

Well here it is I lov it Live Room.

Here is my Control Room No much But It Works.
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

:eek:
Last edited by Alan Brookes on 11 Aug 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ Tkac

Post by Russ Tkac »

John Macy, that looks like a nice Fessy there? :)
Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

Alan, you are definaely wired for sound my friend 8)