Seeking Your Help

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

He makes great covers! I found out about his predicament when I ordered a cover and he told me it might be delayed....I received it today, and it is great! Tough but very flexible material, should last forever. And his prices are much better than reasonable....If you own anything without a cover, order one now!

And I also sent a contribution....hopefully he'll be able to get going again...
Larry Waisner

Seeking Your Help

Post by Larry Waisner »

David,
A donation has been sent, and you and your wife are in our prayers. I also want to purchase a cover for my Pro II Custom David.

GOD Bless,
Larry & Cindy Waisner
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

Thanks
Steve I am glad you found the cover satisfactory
I am always honored to make covers for fellow forumites..Most of the time my prices cant be beat .
WILCOX SD10 (love the white mica)
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
PARTS CASTER.Gospel and Classic Country Music
http://www.dbupholstery.yolasite.com
Jim Waldrop

covers

Post by Jim Waldrop »

David can you make me a cover for a T8 Stringmaster and a T8 custom Fender?
Georgeboards D8 Twin Princess, Fender Custom T8, Fender Stringmaster T8, Pre-war Rickenbacher 7string bakelite, Clinesmith D8 pedal steel, Clinesmith T8 non pedal steel, Simmons Genesis PSG, Simmons D10 psg, Peavey NV 112, Fender 65Princeton Reverb, Roland Cube
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

any one who would like to know about covers please email or pm with your info and I will get you a price.

I was contacted by some one who wanted to make some trade for a msa side kick .Will let you know how this turns out..
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
David Beckner

emails

Post by David Beckner »

Over the past few days I have had some rather unique emails from different ones.I decided I would post answers to some of these, some are funny while others are just -- lets say stupid - shall we...
YES..I have documentation from the Dr of my wifes condition.
NO..My wife has not left me
YES..I pay taxes
As of now we have exhausted all hopes with any charity organizations
NO..I do not sell blood nor sperm
NO..I do not drink or use drugs
I had to sell my stuff when my mom passed away.I took out a loan to help pay her funeral
Yes.I know Mickey Adams . I have met Mick and consider him a friend.
If I had a boat and other stuff I could sell I would.
NO..I am not putting my wife in a nursing home
YES..I sent emails to Bobbe Seymore- He has yet to aknowledge my existance.
NO..I think I have made it clear I can not afford your $2500.00 guitar
YES..I would gladly accept a guitar that needs minor work, looks ugly etc.
I am not thrilled about the idea of a loaner guitar, I dont want the responsibility should it get stolen, dropped or something happen to it.
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Greg Wisecup

Post by Greg Wisecup »

I guess that there is some confusion on what I'm GIVING away. It is an entry level Nady P03 in ear set. It is in new condition and comes with 2 receivers.
It looks like this. www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/746984-R ... sonal.html
You will have to provide you own buds and batteries. These were gifted to me from Greg Laiben for a donation to the forum.
If someone will make a donation to David and a little something to the forum; I will GIVE them to you and ship them to you for FREE.
Derby SD-10 4&5 Black!(duh)/
Derby D-10/Steelers Choice/
Goodrich 120/ 2- Katana Boss 100's
/Nashville 400
RV-3/ Zoom MS-50G
As long as I'm down in the mix I'm Fantastic!
Justin Kania

Post by Justin Kania »

Donating blood is a win win for everyone. Thats how us college folk get by!
Bob Vantine

Post by Bob Vantine »

DAVID .....

I went thru the pedal assortments and am sending out today :

1 ~ MORLEY VOLUME PEDAL
1 ~ DOD FX96 EHCO/ANALOG DELAY PEDAL
1 ~ COBRA COIL 7/8 BAR

I hope that these three items will help out your situation. Best of luck , continued prayers for you both . I believe you are near having the essentials needed and hope you will post anything you may still be lacking. This stuff has been with me awhile ,except for the bar {a Christmas present to myself} and I hope you can get some use out of it .

Bob V
EQUIPMENT:
"TEAK" ZUM STAGE-ONE Steel / C6th Lapsteel
Peavey NV112 , CLASSIC and EFX112 amps
Peavey Guitars
Daniel McCombe

Post by Daniel McCombe »

Found anything yet? I have a cheap behrenger vol pedal but it looks like someones offered you a Morley already.
David Beckner

Thanks

Post by David Beckner »

A BIG THANKS goes out to each and everyone of you for your kindness.Looks like the deal on the sidekick is going thru and I should have this within a few days.along with all the other donations I should be back up and runnin in no time..I will probably be looking for some lever parts so I can add to this guitar.I am also needing tele parts to do the repairs needed on the guitar..Other than the small stuff, ( short cable, strings) ..Your prayers are still very much needed as they are the most important.
Guys , just let me say that words can not express how much we appreciate the constant out pour of concerns , thought and prayers.It has truly brought a tear to my eyes.
GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
David Beckner

Update

Post by David Beckner »

I guess what they say is true, take one step forward and two steps back- or in my case a dozen in the wrong direction.The side kick arrived today and I am thinking WoW not long now, only to find this is going to be something that will take a lot of time , money and effort to be gig worthy.It is supposed to be 3 &3 but I find only e -raise working, chager is stiff and will need to probably be redone , rods binding .
SO with that being said I will still make the trade of building a seat , put this in the closet for a rainy day project and continue to be in need of a psg :\
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

I was looking thru a box of keep sakes to see if I had anything of value left and found something I forgot about.
I have a mans horseshoe gold with 14 diamonds ring that was left to me by a family member that passed years ago.I took this to a pawn shop - it is real and the guy put a value on it although he wouldnt make an offer..I swore I would never let this go but if the right steel comes along - desperate time call for desperate measures- I cant wear it but it is a prized possession .
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
David Beckner

Update

Post by David Beckner »

I talked to the establishment owner today to kinda touch base and update what is going on..He advised me the benefit/auctin will be cancelled due to lack of donations by area business's.
He also told me that I have until the first week end of Feb. to be ready to start playing or he would look to fill my seat..A psg is all left to fill the void and put me back
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Rick Abbott

Don't Give Up On The MSA

Post by Rick Abbott »

My guess is the Sidekick could be made playable with E raise and lower and A B pedals in 4 hours or much less. Really, if you look at the mechanics and move the pedals / levers with it on the work bench it starts to be more manageable to see the needed changes. I don't know your mechanical ability, so don't think I'm being unreasonable. Pull-release changers are really easy to work on. I believe you can do it, and get the gig in line as you add the C pedal and last KL. If I needed to play, I could survive (not happy) with A-B-F. I actually played a D-10 with A and B pedals, E-raise on one neck and nonpedal on the other for 2-3 years...and it worked out fine. Truth is, I'd never even seen a pull-release changer, or heard the words, when I bought an old Miller that had been in a UPS crash without a case. It was not right! But it played some fine music with my patient help. Just sayin' it IS possible. Best of luck.

And my prayers are certainly with you and your wife.
RICK ABBOTT
Sho~Bud D-10 Professional #7962
Remington T-8, Wakarusa 5e3 clone
1953 Stromberg-Carlson AU-35
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

Rick
Thanks for the comments.I have had this guitar on the bench and it looks as tho a home made knee kit of sort was put on this,I found what appears to have been a nylon or plastic peice stuck under the change- dont know how that got there-any way I said that to say this- if I can find a knee kit and rods I can get this fixed in a short time..
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

.TTT.
I talked with a steel 'mechanic' and was told this will be somewhere aroung a $500.oo job :whoa: .
I thought if I could find a project needing a changer, keys etc ,I would strip this and do a rebuild...
timeline for doing this is becoming the issue
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

.TTT.
I talked with a steel 'mechanic' and was told this will be somewhere aroung a $500.oo job .
I thought if I could find a project needing a changer, keys etc ,I would strip this and do a rebuild...
timeline for doing this is becoming the issue
David, looks like the steel guitar may be a while coming into fruition, if at all.
Have you considered taking a part time job somewhere in the meantime?
Not trying to be funny or anything, but even a couple nights at a fast food place like McDonalds or Sonic would probably pay much better than some gig would pay.

You would only have to do a few hours in the evening to tide you over.

Seriously, three nights a week at 7.25 or so an hour would be better than nothing. You could do that until you are able to rebuild a steel.

Times are tough, but there are some jobs out there for those really wanting to work. I'm sure a lot of folks, would like to help, but can't.

Anyway, we'll keep Tina in our prayers.
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

Curt o answer your questions.
I am looking for some work, I am also trying to collect aluminum, scrap iron and everything else. Short of selling the clothes off my back I have nothing of value.
I am still taking orders for seats, cases, leg bags, covers etc.
I have looked on the forum and have gone as far back as the last year for steels that have either not sold or were closed due to no response.I have sent email to several as to which I have had no answer.
I also see people who say they have a 'room full' but yet no one has said 'I have something'
I have also started contacting stores and builders suc as Bobbe Seymore,Fred Justice,Doug Ernest, Guitar Center,among others.Very few if any have even bothered to answer an email .
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Todd Brown

Post by Todd Brown »

David Beckner wrote: I also see people who say they have a 'room full' but yet no one has said 'I have something'
I have also started contacting stores and builders such as Bobbe Seymore,Fred Justice,Doug Ernest, Guitar Center,among others.Very few if any have even bothered to answer an email .
Alright, David, that's a few times now you've said some things that just rub me the wrong way. Nobody is obligated to GIVE you anything. For you to bring people out like that, like their supposed acknowledge you and give you free stuff is kinda low class.

Gotta go with Curt on this. No one gets ahead setting around waiting for other people to do things for them. Gotta grab that bull by the horns, bro...
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Todd-
I'd say to maybe give David a bit of slack here....he is in a very tough situation and your criticism was, IMHO, perhaps unnecessary as a public comment on this thread. And all he was looking for was at least an email response from those guys, not necessarily a complete freebie....

Let's support this guy, or ignore him....your choice. He's got enough to worry about right now....

I hope that my comment isn't going to set you off here....just trying to buy David a bit of slack in his quest to get back on his feet.
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

David, since you mentioned Doug Earnest, I just today sent you a $50.00 check to cover the deposit into my PayPal account from Doug. I hope a few more come to your aid so you can get back to playing for some needed earnings as well as personal enjoyment to help thru the tough times.
Jerry
Todd Brown

Post by Todd Brown »

Not trying to be inflammatory, or start anything. Maybe I was a little harsh. But that's the way I see it. We all got problems, some greater than others. I truly understand David's story, probably more than you could know. He's on a public forum asking for help. That's fine. I wouldn't do it, but, everybody is different. But, I just don't like to see him calling people out by name, hoping they'll hook him up. I hope nothing but the best for David's wife, Tina, and for him. My comment was only to voice my opinion, which I think is allowed on this forum. I'll leave it alone.
Charlie Shifflett

A donation

Post by Charlie Shifflett »

David Charlie here,
I will be glad to send you a donation I only have just my one steel and amp and dd3 So I'll send you a money order sence you dont have paypal ok,
need your address. Good luck and God Bless Charlie
P/s Got your address My prayers are with you and Tina
Last edited by Charlie Shifflett on 10 Jan 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie 1969 Emmons p/p 8/5 old pevey ltd400
Thanks
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Todd-
Thanks for your calm response....and I apologize for taking you to task in public also, it was exactly what I didn't like about your post!

You are completely entitled to your feelings on this matter, and I withdraw my comment.

As you said, enough said....

-Steve