BenRom steel #4

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Storm, you've been a great friend to have throughout this project. Great to have someone to bounce ideas off of. There will be more my friend.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:D For sure Bent ol' son...Stormy :mrgreen:
Peter den Hartogh

Post by Peter den Hartogh »

Bent Romnes wrote:Wish me luck on the flight, with no damage done to the steel. It is well protected in this flight case.
Bent, please make sure that the divider of the leg compartment is supported properly by inserting some wooden blocks between the divider and the case where the legs are.
Otherwise, if they drop the case on the side where the handle is located, the guitar will push through the divider into the leg compartment. It happened to my guitar.

Have a good trip!
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Peter, This is a good time to thank you publicly for all that you done for me. Thanks so much for entrusting your pickups to me and letting me test one after the other. There are friends galore in the steel guitar family who will bend over backwards to help a guy like me. Honorable mention goes out to Storm Rosson, Martin Weenick and scores of others here and on the builders' forum.

Peter, I have two pieces of 4X4 styrofoam for the leg compartment. Fits tightly and as good as wood for this purpose, and lots lighter.
Thanks again my friend!
Peter den Hartogh

Post by Peter den Hartogh »

It's a pleasure, Bent.
Your guitar is an outstanding piece of work and I am sure that all your European friends will rave about it.
Take care, my friend.
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Got the steel packed in its case and the pedal bar and legs in my big suitcase, plus a few clothes. Off I go to Norway...leaving tonight at 10:30 PM from Toronto.

BenRom - the only builder in the world that hand delivers all over the world! How's that for a slogan?

Keep y'all's fingers crossed for me that everything goes well.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:D I got yer back buddy, have a large time and be safe....Stormy ;-) ps. email me from Norway if u get a chance, be nice to hear from happy peeps for a change . :mrgreen: