Our Steel Brothers in New Zealand

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

Great to see you paddy, sorry to hear about all this, it's no doubt a terrible loss, stay in touch matey and all you folks take care out there in the south pacific!
A.K.A Chappy.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Thanks Larry much appreciated mate
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Sandy Inglis

Post by Sandy Inglis »

Hi Paddy and all
Thanks for all your kind thoughts for us. Paddy, I tried to ring you at home, glad to know you are safe. My family and I are fine. My one remaining Sho Bud was in it's case, fell over, but should be OK! Our house has sustained minor damage, but my garage (which was built like a brick out-house)has moved and cracked. A retaining wall has moved, opening up a crack across the carpark. We were lucky compared to a lot of others. I was saddened to find out about Murray Wood. Like Paddy, I have fond memories of him as he was always willing to help out anyone. He'll be sorely missed. We have power but no water yet, but are showering and getting water across town at mum-in-law's place. We are all a bit 'jumpy' and tense up when the aftershocks hit! I've forgotten what normal is.
Cheers all
Sandy Inglis
01'Zumsteel D10 9+9; Sho Bud D10 SuperPro; 6 String Lap Steel (Homemade); Peavey Nashville 1000; Fender Deluxe 85;
1968 Gibson SG; Taylor 710 CE; Encore Tele Copy; Peterson Tuner; HIWATT T40 C 40W/20W Combo
Mike Kirkley

Our Steel Brothers in New Zealand

Post by Mike Kirkley »

Hi Paddy, Sandy, and Marcus,

Glad to hear you fellows have weathered the storm, and was really sorry to hear about Murray. I didn't know him, but have heard some other friends from over there mention him, and he was very highly thought of. My thoughts and prayers go to his family, and to all the other families that have lost loved ones as a result of this tragedy. But, like you said, Paddy, the Kiwis are a pretty tough lot, and I have no doubt that you will prevail and press on. If I can do anything to help, I'm just across the ditch!!! Ivan, a great big thank you to you Sir, for keeping us updated on the happenings over there. I can't speak for anyone else on this forum, but I'm sure there are others here that really appreciate your updates for all our information. Thanks for that.
Mike
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

Paddy,
Thanks for Your update.
I have refrained from sending You e mails,I know You are very busy at this time.
Ann and Myself have You and all Your Countrymen in our thoughts.
Billy
Marcus Provis

Earthquake

Post by Marcus Provis »

Thank you everyone again for your kind thoughts, we all really appreciate it.
Good to hear from you Paddy, and Sandy, and that you are OK. The latest I've heard is the power company is putting in new overhead power cables to the eastern suburbs of Christchurch, and should have it completed in a few days, which will be great. It's very sad to hear of the loss of life in this earthquake, but there are some amazing survival stories too.

Stay strong guys

Marcus
Emmons Black Rock S-10, Hilton Volume, Peavey Nashville 400, Fender Steel King, Fender Champion 40, Line 6 Echo Park Delay, Bullet Tone Bar.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Hey guys I finally got the power on at my house after 12 days of being a refugee at my sisters place. NO water yet but - hey steel players don't shower anyway do they ?? :D

Wishing you all the best at the Dallas show this weekend, sure wish I could make it - but I should have stopped shaking by next March !!

Ivan will being me home some toys I'm sure.
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.