Hall of Fame

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ed Phipps

Post by Ed Phipps »

Here is my two cents; The candidates for HOF should not only be "admired" for their ability and accomplishments, they should also be RESPECTED as a person of honor.

To me, two such men come to mind, Smiley Roberts and Michael Douchette.

I do not envy the personnel on the selection committee. It would be difficult and time consuming. I don't always "totally" agree with their choices but thankfully, we are not privileged to the information they review.
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Ed not to worry. :lol: .Smiley is already famous. :wink:
James Reed

Post by James Reed »

Sonny Curtis...
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Thank you Bill Cunningham. But I hardly fit into the category of the ISGC Hall of Fame.

Also, to clarify, Bill mentioned that I made audio and video available to everyone. He is correct only in the sense of what I have the honor of posting on YouTube with both Scotty's and each artist's permissions.
I DO NOT sell or copy these for anyone.

Just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

Bill F
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Bill Ferguson,

I hope I adequately edited and clarified my first post. And thanks again for your FREE contributions.
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Sonny Garrish for his years of playing, composing songs and recording on literally thousands of sessions with many of them featuring hit songs.

Bobbe Seymour well he's played, recorded and done it all too. I love his stories he shares with us and his playing knocks me out!

Rob Parker for all the years he was at all the steel guitar shows from little unknown places to the Big Steel Bash in St. Louis. I can't think of anyone else anymore deserving than my friend Rob. Just wish it could have happened before he left us.

Each of these souls are deserving and I think eventually will make it.

May GOD bless each of you all!

Terry Wood