UPDATE: CA steel player/teacher Chris Allen Burke gone home

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Kirk Eipper

Post by Kirk Eipper »

In lieu of flowers, I made a donation to MusiCares at Grammy.org.

I just want his family to know how sorry I am for their loss. Chris was just a good cat and he will be sorely missed.

Best Regards,

Kirk
Last edited by Kirk Eipper on 1 Mar 2011 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
'10 Williams 700 Series SD10 4+5/ '71 Emmons S-10 3+4/ '73 Emmons D-10 8+4/ GK MB 200/ Custom Tommy Huff Cabinets/ Webb 614-E/ Steelseat.com Pak-a-seat/ Magnatone and Fender lap steels/ Cobra Coil bars & Strings/ pod 2.0/ Peterson Tuners/Goodrich V.P./ Boss RV5/Teles and Martins

www.kirkeipper.com
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

The memorial service for Chris this past Saturday was wonderful. He was sent out with one of the most beautiful days you could ask for: post rain blue skies, clear as a bell, visibility was infinity, fleecy white clouds skating with the strong breeze.

Music friends Justin Foutz and Carey Higgins each played a favorite song of CAB's (What a Wonderful World; I Hope You Dance).

Family and friends told some pretty touching and funny stories about Chris.

His wife Michele managed to get through her beautiful prepared remarks about Chris. I couldn't have done that. His daughter Cadie wrote a very touching testimony to what her Dad meant to her; she couldn't quite get the words out past her tears and emotion, her aunt finished reading it. It was the kind of praise I'm sure we would all hope our kids send us out with when our time comes.

Then there was the social gathering at the Burke house nearby, and it was great reminiscing about Chris, and meeting more of his family, friends and music students.

Quite a day. We miss you, CAB.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Kirk Eipper

Post by Kirk Eipper »

Amen, John.
'10 Williams 700 Series SD10 4+5/ '71 Emmons S-10 3+4/ '73 Emmons D-10 8+4/ GK MB 200/ Custom Tommy Huff Cabinets/ Webb 614-E/ Steelseat.com Pak-a-seat/ Magnatone and Fender lap steels/ Cobra Coil bars & Strings/ pod 2.0/ Peterson Tuners/Goodrich V.P./ Boss RV5/Teles and Martins

www.kirkeipper.com
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

We had a great time in songs for " Chris " with Michelle & Family at his home after the Memorial Service. What a great Musician & Talent he was.RIP your friend, Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.