Connie Smith-Johnny Cox OpryTV show Jan 18th

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Crook

Post by Bill Crook »

Boys....

I am going to have to agree with Bill Hanky !!

I watched the portion in question on a 32in standard T.V. set. I've never had a audio problem with this set ever. Connie sounded great,The lead 6-string was (in my mind)a bit out front.Johnny was in there somewhat. I accepted that as the song was in progress,As Connie give Johnny his 8 bars,It sounded like someone poured water into the mike !!

Johnny's sound went down even more than it was at first. The whole thing was just a whoosh and scrapeing noise. To be trueful,the only reason I knew he was still playing,is his fingers and hands were moveing,thanks to the wonderful camera-work.

Yes,Your right,Bill, When the lead guitar came back in, he was back, WAY OUT FRONT AND LOUD. Even my wife made a commet about it.
Egil Skjelnes

Post by Egil Skjelnes »

Hello all.
Just a little story to go with this topic.
Last summer Marty Stuart was here in Norway and did a couple of shows,and Connie was with him.By the way,one of her kids is married,and live here in Norway,so she visit every now and then.We played the same show as Marty,and during his set,she came on stage and did 2 songs as a duet with him!What a great surprice.She has always been my fav.female singer too,and she still sing as in her BIG days,and still looks good too!
Sincerely,Egil.
Melanie Renfro

Post by Melanie Renfro »

Hey y'all. I just wanted to say that I was fortunate enough to have been at the Opry and Connie was GREAT! She is and will always be the greatest female singer in my opinion! And she's no slouch when it comes to steel guitar players. It's evident that she's very proud to have Johnny Cox in her band! And Johnny did an awesome job as always!
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Johnny was up in the mix just fine on my tape of the show. Those of you that had trouble hearing him should check your TV setup. I forget what the initials stand for, but my TV has options for TV, STD, HRC, and IRC. It depends on how you get your signal, but mine is set for IRC. Perhaps yours isn't set for stereo and Johnny was more predominant in one channel.

Melanie, this relates to another thread, but since you were there, did you notice what guitar Tommy White was playing?
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I don't know what's going on here with some people having been unable to hear Johnny clearly - my reception was fine, and the steel and the Telecaster were mixed perfectly. I thought the sound was actually better than usual...

Tim Hurst

Post by Tim Hurst »

Jim Smith- I was at the Opry on Friday night. Johnny was playing the red MSA and Tommy was playing a black Carter. And by the way, on Saturday when I watched on TV, the mix sounded good and I had no trouble hearing Johnny.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tim Hurst on 21 January 2003 at 01:18 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tim Hurst on 21 January 2003 at 01:19 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Thanks Tim. Image