Did JIm Reeves & Webb Pierce Use Same

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Joseph Barcus

Post by Joseph Barcus »

you dad must had been a gentle man for if someone would had done or yet today would do that to one of my guitars they would have a few health issues come up soon after. If they were a singer then it would most likely be something to prevent them from singing lol
Rick Garrett

Post by Rick Garrett »

Yes he was a gentle man. Another little bit of history about my dad's Stringmaster, under one of the tuning pans ol Shot Jacksons signature is written along with the date when shot added a pedal to dad's stringmaster.
Dean Neeley

Bobby Garrett Pic.

Post by Dean Neeley »

The Pic with 5 fellows are From Left To Right Are
Dean Neeley, Gene Wortham, Bobby Garrett, Jimmy Dennis, Robert Blackwell.Taken in 1949,outside
Radio Sta.K.I.M.P. in Mt Pleasant,Texas. By Al Petty

Dean Neeley
Last edited by Dean Neeley on 16 Oct 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Angelotti

Post by Bud Angelotti »

Richard said
What I have learnt from life is that if you believe nothing of what you are told, and half of what you see, then you are approaching the truth of the matter!
You got that right Rich !
By the way, nice hat.
Just 'cause I look stupid, don't mean I'm not.
Tracy Sheehan

Bobby Garrett& Jim Reeves

Post by Tracy Sheehan »

I met Bobby in L.A. and he was a gentleman. Rex Endicot introduced me to him. Bobby was with Hank Thompson at the time. Later Hank said Bobby Garrett was his favorite steel player.

Jim hired me to play fiddle and when i found out the road work we would be doing i turned it down. I had no way of knowing it at the time but seems as if i made a wise choice. Must say Jims wife was a sweet heart what little time i was at thier home auditioning with his band. Don't recall any of his bands name. Often wonder if Bobby was there at the time? This was in Shrevport,La. Tracy