Rondo Lap Steels back in stock

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Charles Dempsey

Post by Charles Dempsey »

Justin Hughes wrote:I'm considering picking one of these up. Is the pickup cavity made to accomodate a Tele bridge pickup or Strat? Are the tuners any count?
The pickup is Strat shape, but I haven't measured it. Looks like a Strat pickup.

I have no issues with the tuners. They're smooth and accurate. The ratio seems to be about 15:1.

Charlie
John Sims

Post by John Sims »

I just got one from Santa's wife! It really sounds sweet on my Nashville 1000 amp. I re-strung it with .014, .018, .022, .026, .030, .036. I had to screw the bridge screws in tighter to seat it properly, but no other problems found...

The one piece bridge cover is a pain in the rear. I would prefer the volume & tone pots not being part of the one piece cover. The wire from the pickup isn't very long, so I had to prop the cover up while re-stringing. I ended up removing the bridge and replacing all strings simultaneously. The pickup is aligned properly and the neck is straight. A nice axe for the price. The intonation was right on from the factory.

The case is very nice also...

Maybe I'll be able to post some sound files soon...

My other instrument from 'Santa' (to myself) is a new Cigar Box Guitar I made for myself. I have made lots of them, and have fun doing it...I liked this box for some reason, and made it for me. It sounds just as good on my Nash 1K... http://www.mojohandguitars.com

Regards,

John

Steelin' is a way of life!

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).
Jim Mitchell

Post by Jim Mitchell »

look $79.99 free shipping
You can make this a lap steel guitar

Link to auction on eBay.
I am trying to play a Harlin Brothers 1956 Multi Kord 6 String 4 Pedal Steel Guitar
and a RONDO lap
Retired from Boeing Helicopters in Ridley Park Pa.
we build the CH47