Newbies! Starter vs Stage One

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Robert Matteo

Newbie Starter PSG

Post by Robert Matteo »

I am also new to the PSG. I started with a Sho Bud Maverick and that was a bad idea with only one knee lever. I thought about a Carter Starter, but, after reading what the pro's on the forum had to say I just shopped for a used pro level PSG. I found one from a very nice forum member who also took my Bud on trade. I spent a bit more for my Carter D-10 but I'm done shopping. I figure pay me now pay me later fits in here for me. I've played music professionally (for a living) for a long time and always had the best I could afford. I guess that is the real question to me on this subject. If you watch on the forum you'll see really nice PSG's for anywhere from $1300 up to the sky's the limit.

Another great by product from buying from a pro on the forum is all the really great advice that only comes with years of playing and going through the school of hard knocks like these guys have, but, one on one.

Well I know this viewpoint will be controversial but remember I said the bottom line was "what can you afford, to give yourself the best chance, to succeed at a very difficult but beautiful instrument".

A bit long winded but I just went through this battle of what to buy as a beginner. I'm extremely happy with my choice at this time.
Go easy on me I'm studio poor!