About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Buddie Hrabal

Post by Buddie Hrabal »

Welcome aboard Ron. Have a great day!
Chuck Cusimano

One of the VERY best!!

Post by Chuck Cusimano »

Well, It's about time. I told you I'd be glad to pay the $5.00, so next time I see you I'll pay up.

Folks, Ron Stafford is amoung the very best steel players out there in my oppinion, as well as being one my own "Guitar heros". he sings his butt off, and is a great guy. he's funny, and always on time to the gig, set up and ready to go. All in all, he's a great friend, and a pleasure to work with....

(Come to think of it, that right there ought to take care of that $5.00 issue! )

Are we still pals? Chuck
Bill Simmons

Wonderful Player

Post by Bill Simmons »

Hey Ron...so great to meet a "new friend" at Gary Carpenter's last week. Your new Rains Steel Guitar certainly is a winner and your playing is just terrific! Looking forward to have some picking time with Corky Owens, Gary Carpenter, and you real soon.
-----------------------------------------------------
Rains Steel Guitar Rep
Wade Branch

Post by Wade Branch »

Welcome Ron,its going to be a real plus having you around here. :lol:
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Ron, welcome to the forum. Ron is truly a great steel player, (like we need another one around here)and a good friend. And as Chuck said he is also a great guitar player and singer and on occasion he books jobs with his band, Ron Stafford and Stolen Identity and I get to be the steel player. This is fun and nerve racking at the same time. BTW, we will be playing at the Finish Line in Ft. Worth on June 30th. Joan and I wish you the best.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Ted Solesky

Post by Ted Solesky »

Ronald, sorry I just saw this message. Looking forward to some comments from you on here. I had a good time working with you and Raymond at Carl's benefit. It was a blast! Ted