Stonewall Jackson Sues Opry for $20 Million.

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Charlie St Denis

Post by Charlie St Denis »

Hey Paul- You made my day Bud. Finally let's get rid
of the disease.
Charlie
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

There is new blood out that surpasses what they have now,but they are ostracized by the nashville crew,The first that comes to mind is the BEST country singer in the business today,Dale Watson.Not one of the so-called top ten artist comes even close to him.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

I find it a bit amusing that thinking firing Pete Fisher would actually change anything--you would think that if he was not doing the job correctly for those he works for, he would already be gone...
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Engineer/Producer/Steel Guitar
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

John ,you may be closer to the truth than any statement made on this thread. Of course Pete Fisher is not totally in charge of the final decisions. It could be that management not only agrees w/him but its their way of thinking being applied.Pete is there to be the deliverer of the word.
Paul King

opry

Post by Paul King »

Mr. Fisher may not be totally in charge of the Opry. There still is no reason not to allow some of the older stars on the televised portion. I have lost all respect for any ownership or management of the Opry. It is true that the stars of today will be what keeps the Opry going. I do not watch them now and I sure ain't gonna watch them down the road. It was stated before about the only thing that has not changed is the quality of steel playing on the Opry. Tommy White would be the only reason I would even consider watching the Opry on a regular basis. As far as Stonewall winning this lawsuit,I do not seeing that happening but maybe the management, and yes Mr. Fisher, will wake up and smell the coffee.
Matt Henschel

spring chickens

Post by Matt Henschel »

stonewall jackson is the guy on the $20 bill, right?
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

No he's the guy looking for 4 million 20's. :wink: