HUGE E9 Song Book / 60 Popular Melodies L@@K

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

I have just completed 60 BIAB files (tracks) for the 60 Songs in my E9 song book. The tracks include the Melodies and the chords. In order to play the tracks you need to have the BIAB program in your computer.

The exact steel guitar notes that appear in the tablature are heard on the tracks, played by the piano in BIAB. These are reference tracks to give you an idea of what the steel parts should sound like, the timing, etc. There is no steel guitar on them. One of these years I'll get around to recording all 60 tunes on pedal steel, but for now these BIAB tracks will have to do.

These are Free... anyone can download them from <b>THIS PAGE</b>

The files are very small and they download fast. I can send these files to you in an email if you prefer, but there will be 60 separate attachments, so that might not be any easier for you. I would need your regular email address to send them to you. It's not possible to attach files to the Steel Guitar Forum email system, as far as I know.

I could burn some MIDI tracks for players who do not have the BIAB program. MIDI files will play on any computer, but the sound quality is very poor, in my opinion, so I’m not sure I want to go that route. WAV files sound better, but they are huge.

Lemme know how this works out... thanks.
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

I was really interested but that whole BIAB thing is a PITA. Is it necssary to download that just to learn these tunes?
The only thing better than doing what you love is having someone that loves you enough to let you do it.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Hi RC,

No, it's not necessary to download the BIAB stuff. They are just handy practice tracks, and I put them together for players who have the BIAB program.

There are 2 audio CDs included with the book, so you can hear how the songs should sound. Although there is no steel guitar on the CDs, the exact steel guitar tablature is played on piano. The arrangements are fairly easy and the tab is very clear.
Ernest Cawby

HI

Post by Ernest Cawby »

This is the best book of tracks I have seen and I have 3 file cabnets full, Hughey, Newmans, Emmons year course,Stieners, and many more. The music is a plus, you can write Boss Dr 5 tracks in a snap because you have the perfect timing because of the music.
NOW WE ARE ready for book 2, ????????????????????
Get busy Doug.

ernie
Phil Halton

Re: HUGE E9 Song Book / 60 Popular Melodies L@@K

Post by Phil Halton »

Doug,

What are the chances of you bundling these BIAB tracks into a single zip file for download? One download vs sixty downloads would make it alot easier on the fingers.
Ernest Cawby

HI

Post by Ernest Cawby »

The download is so fast you cannot move as fast as they dowmload, as soon as you press the botton it is already down, it only takes a few minutes, also it is con vienent when you have akk the files in order to replay them. they are in a folder and all you have to do is click on the file and BIAB upens and ready to play.
I forgot to say you can convert them to wave files and place them on CD.

ernie
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

Ernie,

How do I do that
The only thing better than doing what you love is having someone that loves you enough to let you do it.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

I've got them in a zip file and If Doug doesn't mind I can attache it to an email reply to anyone that emails me.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

That's fine with me Andy, thanx
Antolina

Post by Antolina »

Now if someone will be kind enough to tell me how to covert them to wave files so I can put them on CDs, I'll be very appreciative... and so will Doug cuz then I can buy his book :D

rc

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

RC, included with the book are two AUDIO CDs of the tracks. I made WAVs of the 60 BIAB tracks (with the piano playing the steel tab), and I burned the 60 tracks onto two audio CDs, which will play in any CD player. So you can hear how the songs should sound.

AND I just started recording the 60 songs on Pedal Steel Guitar! I have a few completed, but it will take several weeks for me to complete all 60 tunes because I'm recording them in my 'spare time'. I will post a notice here on the Forum when the pedal steel CDs of the songs are ready. Thanks.
Veree Pickerel

Big Song book

Post by Veree Pickerel »

Doug, I think I sent you an e mail too. Do you still have the Big Song Book available. I want to get it with the cd's. Let me know . I will put a check in the mail if you do. Veree
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Hi Veree, Yes, the book is still available. Thanks.
Gary Meyer

Duckpluckers say

Post by Gary Meyer »

"Bump"