Opinions on GHS strings

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Charles Pompe

Post by Charles Pompe »

I recently bought a Carter D-10 from Duane Dunard who had strung it with GHS Boomers. Good deal, Great Axe with great sound. Recenntly changed them out and to my surprise :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted: Where was my sound??? I'll be going back to GHS as soon as I have a break.
2005 Carter D-10,2009 Rains D-10, Session 500,Nashville 400,Nashville 112,1965 Vega Scruggs 5-String Banjo, Martin D-40, Gibson J-50
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:shock: Guys you may be shocked to know that there isn't that many companys that make strings ! You may find G.H.S. strings on labels that have other names on them and you will sware by them ! If the truth is known most strings that we really like are made by the same company ! Could it be that we are convinced that some strings sound much better than others and are made by the same company ??? Just something to think about ! Gary .
Drew Howard

GHS

Post by Drew Howard »

I 've used the Boomers for years....

cheers,
Drew
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

GHS Stainless E9 (SIT Power wound C6).

I tried Boomers, and maybe it was the gauge, or just a run of strings, but the SSes seemed brighter. I get them by the dozen.

Love 'em.

:)

EJL
Stan Paxton
Location: 1/2 & 1/2 Florida and Tenn, USA (old Missouri boy gone South)

Post by Stan Paxton »

Have been using Super Steels for years, happy with them. Thought I'd try a set of Jagwires (with Hughey's picture on the package) and put them on Saturday. Maybe it's my imagination from the old strings being dead, but these Jags have the sweetest sound I ever got out of that guitar....we'll see after a while how they hold up.......
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-