E9th Chord Chart & Tip Sheet

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul Boden

Chord Chart

Post by Paul Boden »

Hi Patricia,
Would you please send me one when you have time?
Thank You so much
Paul Boden
Thomas Ludwig

Post by Thomas Ludwig »

Hi Patricia,
Could I have one as well
Thank you
Thomas

email address deleted by moderator

Thanks again
Mark Treepaz

Post by Mark Treepaz »

Hello Patricia,

I sure could use one of these. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sho-Bud LDG, Gretsch Syncromatic Lap Steel, Fender Steel King amp, Bach Stradivarious 37 Trumpet, Getzen Eterna Flugelhorn, 68 Fender Precision Bass
David Collins

Post by David Collins »

Hi Patricia,

I'd love to have one also, thanks a million!

David Collins
www.chjoyce.com
Darren James

Post by Darren James »

Could I get a copy of the chart too please?

Terry Hickey

Post by Terry Hickey »

Patricia,
Thank you so much for sending a copy.
Merry Chrismas to you.

Terry Hickey
David Barker

Post by David Barker »

Patricia,

I would also like to have a copy.

Thanks so much...
FoxMod-NV112,Boss DD6, [Guitars] PRS, Fender, Martin, Ovation [Keys] Hammond, Yamaha, Korg, Roland [Sound] Mackie, Crown, TC Helicon, Behringer, JBL, Alesis
Steve Klemp

Post by Steve Klemp »

Patricia,
Thank you for sending a copy. You have done a great job!

Thanks So Much For Shareing! ....Steve
Lavelle Pierce

Post by Lavelle Pierce »

thanks pat. i got mine a couble days thanks now i will now try to understand it hahah thanks
David Kitchen

e9th chord chart & tip sheet

Post by David Kitchen »

I would like one also,thank you
Ken Higgins

Post by Ken Higgins »

could you send this to my email please, thanks in advance for the great work you have done !!!!email address deleted by moderator
Jim Vogan

Post by Jim Vogan »

Please send me one also,
Jim Vogan
Derby SD 10 3&5
Kevin Dionne

Chord chart

Post by Kevin Dionne »

Hi Patricia, I, like many other pickers play by ear and many times don't really know what the name of the chords are. I through experience, instintively know where to go and what to pick to produce the desired sound we want, but it sure would be real helpful to know what it's called. I usually shy away from discussions when the conversation goes to identifying chords and what pedals and knees are used to get them. Please send me a copy when you get a chance. Thank you, Kevin Dionne. My e-mail is email address deleted by moderator (thats an underscore between the n and the d.
Robert C. McKee

Post by Robert C. McKee »

Well, shucks Patricia..I'd love a copy also. Email sent. Thanks in advance, and may you have a Merry Christmas. Bob
Milt Quackenbush

Post by Milt Quackenbush »

Hi Patricia, Great Chart!!! I would like to have one. Many Many Thanks.
Chris Johnson

Post by Chris Johnson »

Hey Patricia, I would love to have a copy of the chart.

Bob Baringer

Post by Bob Baringer »

Patricia, I sure would appreciate a copy, I made one years ago but nothing as well done as yours...email address deleted by moderator Bob
Patricia Warnock

Good Intentions

Post by Patricia Warnock »

A conversation occurred tonight regarding this posting and my chart, which has prompted me to share a little more about my adventure with the steel guitar.

My love of the steel guitar began years ago as a child growing up with country music. My current journey began 4 years and 3 months ago when my best friend gave me steel guitar lessons for my birthday along with her Grandmother's vintage Fender lap steel (on loan). When the bequeathed asked for the guitar back in the summer of 2007 I made the decision to make a personal, lifelong dream come true and learn to play the pedal steel guitar.

I purchased my D-10 Fessenden (lovingly referred to as Fessy) from Doug Jernigan in October 2007 -- thank you, Doug, for everything. I have spent the last 14 months talking with several players and instructors, taking notes, gathering disparate information together...basically absorbing everything I could find on the pedal steel like a sponge. And, in doing so have made many, many friends.

This chart is a tool for the steel player. It is not an instructional method or process - nor is it meant to be. It does not represent any one persons approach to how to play the steel guitar. How could it? It cannot teach anyone HOW to play the steel guitar. It is only a reference with factual information about the common language of music (shared by all instruments), the tuning on my E9th guitar and an informational map to chord locations. Knowing where a chord is...is not equivalent to knowing how to play the steel guitar.

During this recent conversation mention was made that not all members of the forum were pleased with this posting offering my chart. An absurd claim was made to my musical knowledge and ability. Copyright and patent lawsuits were insinuated. And, there was even talk of blacklisting. Yes, blacklisting me from playing.

I would hope that many of you could imagine my shock and surprise. So many of my fellow forum members have offered their praise and encouragment I was overwhelmed with your generosity. I was so excited as my chart was taking form...as things came together all in one place I just wanted to share it with the world. When I explained during this converstation that my only wish was to give a little boost to fellow players I was abruptly told that "The road to hell was paved with good intentions."

>:-)
Last edited by Patricia Warnock on 22 Dec 2008 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chuck Thompson

Post by Chuck Thompson »

WOW - I thought this forum was all about sharing info, tips etc... There even used to be a thread called "share a lick" that i believe became the "tab" section were huge hearts like Mickey Adams, Dick Sexton,, Greg Cutshaw, Frank Freniere and others share tons of valuable info. I also gladly buy tab, pay for lessons, and beg borrow and steel from other players in person who happily share what they have learned. Few are the next "Buddy Emmons" but i doubt that disqualifies them from sharing a lick or a chord position. And not one of them claims to hold a copyright or patent on a Dmin7b5! Blacklisting? They better blacklist the above mentioned people and kind hearted moderators like Ricky Davis as well. Patricia you must be up against some powerful forces in the land of music. Or laughable forces. Sounds like the road to hell is paved with bitter idiots. Thanks for sharing what you have found and put together and keep on a pickin'! :)
Ed Phipps

In Reply to Patricia Warnock Good Intentions

Post by Ed Phipps »

Patricia:

First let me thank you again for your time, effort and work to collect the information on you E9 chord chart and taking the time to email it to many members.

Reading your post, where copyright and patent lawsuits were insinuated, then the threat of blacklisting you; made me feel insulted, surprised, disgusted and angry that fellow music lovers would do such. Thinking about it a few minutes, reality struck and now I feel only disgust and anger!! Truthfully, I am no longer surprised.

My idea is; the persons making these statements should come foreword and make their case that sharing information and helping others is bad. If they do not, perhaps you could share their names with us; telling what was said. What I am suggesting is: MAKE THEM FAMOUS!!

I feel it's probably easy to "take on" a young lady, especially one from Canada. Whoever you are, you should feel SHAME!!

To the people making these statements and threats. Come foreword, debate this item with ME. I would bet you do not have the tenacity to come out of the shadows and put your gripes into the open. Perhaps, you could change my mind as to why Patricia should not share her information on a public forum. Usually, I have a open mind but this seems disgusting and perhaps, my mind will not change easily.

Anyone without the "brass" to come forward in public, then hide and use email or PM to contact me. I would like to hear your reasoning, if such exists.

I seldom post here but this is sickening, and you need to come out of hiding and state your case.

Merry Christmas to all the good souls of the Forum.

Ed Phipps - Chino Valley, AZ
Jack Klein

chart

Post by Jack Klein »

hi, Patricia, please send me a chart if possible. thanks, Jack

Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

ungh. what is wrong with people? :x

Patricia your chord chart is brilliant and to my knowledge the first of its kind. I think you should copyright it if for no other reason than to protect your gift from those that would seek to profit from it.
Dennis Lobdell

Post by Dennis Lobdell »

Hi Patrica; Please send Me a chart; email address deleted by moderator. Thanks;Dennis
b0b

WARNING about publicly posted email addresses

Post by b0b »

I want to point out that it's better to send a PM to Patricia than to post your email publicly in a reply here. Publicly posted email addresses are easily harvested by crooks who send out scam emails.

If you've already posted your email address, you can edit your post to delete it.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Patricia Warnock

Email Address

Post by Patricia Warnock »

Yes, I completely agree. I am happy to receive either a PM or email.