Another Black Box Testimony

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Danny Letz

Another Black Box Testimony

Post by Danny Letz »

I am kind of a low intermediate player. I mostly use my 89 S 10 Zum. I have 3 different amps I use depending on the circumstances. A Nash. 400 with Lemay, A Nash 112 with chip upgrade, and a Profex II with Lemay mod, and batteryless chip thru a little 200 Stewart bridged mono into a 15 BW. I got a Hilton Pedal a Dallas last March and a used Black Box shortly after. I am now able to get very close to the sound I like on each setup. I don't think we ever get completely there, but this is by far as close as I have gotten. Usually a slight adjustment to the knob on the Black Box is all that is required to adjust to the venue. The effect is subtle and you need to use it for a while to appreciate it, but I'd hate to have to do without mine now.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

I've had a BB for a couple of months and I love it! It fattens up the tone quite a bit. The wound strings sound cleaner and more distinct, not muddy. I really notice it on the upper frets, above fret 12. The wound strings sound very clear and separate. The best way to hear the difference: play through your BB for a few minutes, and then bypass (unhook) it, and play your steel. The difference is quite noticeable IMHO.
Marlin Smoot

Post by Marlin Smoot »

I wouldn't want to play without the Black Box. Some day I'll get the Rev.
David Arel

Post by David Arel »

Dan,I was going to buy the BB, but I save a little more and got the REV,Brad does make a good product, and great to work with,Have fun with it,I also have the REV and TC-M350, LOVE THE SOUND, Keep a pick'n

Dave Arel
Mullen RP-SD10
NV112,M350
Pete Smith

REV

Post by Pete Smith »

First you get the Rev, then it gets you. MMMMMMM.
Bruce Bouton

Post by Bruce Bouton »

The Black box rocks. If you can spring for the Revelation and the Furlong Cab you get the best of all worlds.
Robert Dominick

Post by Robert Dominick »

Just received my Black Box today. After playing through it the last couple of hours all I can say is "WOW"!!!