How many use a Lexicon reverb unit live???

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Behm

How many use a Lexicon reverb unit live???

Post by Larry Behm »

And what model.

Larry Behm
Lynn Stafford

Lexicon Reverb

Post by Lynn Stafford »

Larry,

I use a Lexicon MPX110 in my rack. I'm very happy with it and it's very simple to opperate. It's easy to make minor adjustments in real time if need be. I bought it used from a Forum member several months ago for a very reasonable price :D
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

We use Lexicon reverbs with our sound systems at our church. The main auditorium uses an old LXP-1, and our youth hall system uses an MPX-100. They both sound really good.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

Larry, I use an Lexicon MPX-1. Excellent unit.
Hook
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

MPX-1 here too. Lexicon reverbs have to be among the best sounding out there.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

MPX150 Here
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Jonathan Cullifer

Post by Jonathan Cullifer »

MPX1. Lots of menus and stuff, but once you have it set up, it sounds great. I wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe a PCM 81).
Chuck Thompson

Post by Chuck Thompson »

lxp15 - older model from the 90's - they arent the easiest to program and navigate but the sound is the best imho - even better you can find them cheap on ebay - i have 2
b0b

Post by b0b »

I used a Lexicon MPX-100 on stage for 4 or 5 years. For a while, I even had two of them in my rack, daisy chained so that I could use pitch-shift patches plus the rotary patch to get a reasonable organ sound.

The reverbs and echos in the MPX-100 are great, and it's very easy to operate. For a while I even ran a MIDI line from the drummer's click track to put the echoes in sync - a very cool effect! You really can't beat the Lexicon MPX-100 in its price range.
-๐•“๐•†๐•“- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
John Daugherty

Post by John Daugherty »

I use a MPX 110 in my rack. It is the quietest fx unit I have tried. I also like the ability to change some settings without reprogramming. Long live the old fashioned knob. I am sold on Lexicon.
b0b

Post by b0b »

That's right. The knobs on the MPX-100 and the newer MPX-110 are very easy to tweak during a live performance. I set up half a dozen useful patches in the user group, and switch between them with the rotary switch knob. There's a dry/wet mix knob that feels a lot like the regular reverb knob on an amp, and a volume knob that I actually use as my master volume because the unit is between my preamp and my power amp.

There's no display, but that's not a problem once you've assigned your user patches. I can never see digital displays too well on stage anyway. You DO need to have the manual handy when you're defining your user patches. It's not hard to do, but you'd never figure it out without the manual.

The only problem I had was wall-wart related. The plug had a tendency to fall out of the unit. Fixed with duct tape.
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Hi Larry, MPX 1 here.
Jerry
Ron Randall

MX200 Live

Post by Ron Randall »

Well I use a MX200 live. It gets the job done, easy to operate with real knobs. It is not a studio quality unit.

I play out about twice a week.
Vernon Hester

Lexicon

Post by Vernon Hester »

MPX 100,nice unit
Vern
Dave Diehl

Post by Dave Diehl »

I've tried many others but always found myself limited in the control I have over the settings. They all sound good but are very limited, even the MPX 500. I've now settled on the MPX 1 because of it's versatility. I currently have 3 of them, each tuned (for lack of a better word) to 3 different amp systems.
Fred Shannon

Post by Fred Shannon »

Another vote for the Lexicon MPX100. Been using one for years. Has all I need for a preamp or effects. Very User friendly and one of the most versatile units available.

Phred
There are only two defining forces that have offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American GI!!

Think about it!!
b0b

Post by b0b »

The phase shift effect in the Lexicon MPX-100 is awesome - better than any stomp box I've tried. Takes me back to the 70's.

Also, if you have a stereo rig, the ping-pong delay is really cool!
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Larry, I used a Lex PCM70 for several years (also at various times a Lex PCM60 and a Yamaha REV7, which was maybe the best-sounding of the bunch) before getting my hands on that Randall SGA500 that you have seen. I promptly put a new long-decay three-spring accutronics tank into it and while I can't get those cool chorused organ sounds that Harley comes up with anymore, now I just roll the amp from my truck to the stage and plug it in.

Somewhere along the line I got tired of all those effects options and started trying to make it simply sound like a pedal steel guitar. Can't sound like a Hammomnd B3 now but I never did before anyway....