Old ZB Custom Back to Life!!!!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Borchard

Post by John Borchard »

Holy Moly!!! Another phenomenal job, Greg! If that doesn't take your breath away, you're not breathing to begin with! A real testament to your skills and a tribute to Zane's genius. I'm so glad you brought it back from the dead.

Great pictures of Dave's dad, too. Brings back memories of my Hagstrom and Silvertone guitars and a simpler time.

By the way, my '65 D-10 that you refurbed is still kickin' @$$*%#! Thanks again.

John Borchard
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

I have been tracking the shipping through DHL and the guitar will be hitting Dave's door step today. By the way, if any of you havent yet used DHL, I suggest trying them out. They are a gem to deal with and the shipping rates are very good. They also seem to take some extra care of what they ship.

Dave is gonna send me some pictures when he gets the guitar. I will post them here when I get them.

Greg
Jim Florence

Post by Jim Florence »

Hi Greg That's a gorgeous guitar, however I need to know if ole 0017 is still the only remaining "Combat Steel Guitar" in the world. I'm still playing it, and have never set it up without someone comenting on how pretty it is. It's been several years since you last refurbished it. If you ever have some slack time, it's about ready for another go.
Jim Florence Ole 0017 ZB D-11.
Paul Warnik

Post by Paul Warnik »

Greg J-Hello-I just picked up an old ZB-It is an early D-11 with the Scranton decal-The guitar is in average condition-It could be playable with some adjustment or would probably be a great total restoration project-It appeared to originally be two tone green and blonde-but now the necks have turned brown color-It has 9 pedals and 2 knee levers-pedal 9 is not working as the bell crank along the front rail where the pedal rod hooks into is missing-It has no case-I don' have the ability to post pictures-but I was wondering if you could estimate it's value-I have some extra parts that came with it-another ZB roller nut (ten string) with axle and rollers-and two ten string ZB pickups-I have not yet gotten a meter on the pickups to see if the work-but the ones in the guitar do-also it has tone and volume pot controls on the end plate-they have knobs that look like they came from a Fender Telecaster-I suspect that they are not what Zane would have originally put on the guitar-Thanks-PW
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

Paul, Nice to see you back on the forum!!! Shoot me an email when you get the chance. Get me the serial # of that guitar. I have all the sales records for the Zane built guitars.

Greg
Paul Warnik

Post by Paul Warnik »

Greg-the serial number is 1154-the previous (possible original) owner may have been named "Troy" from the Oklahoma City,OK area-Check for private message-Thanks-PW