Fender Concert Tube Amp 1x12

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Larry Chung

Fender Concert Tube Amp 1x12

Post by Larry Chung »

This is an early 80s Rivera-designed Fender Concert 1X12 all-tube combo in very good shape. Comes with the original blue Fender speaker. Newer reverb tank and cables. No footswitch or cover. Sounds like a Fender (great!), I have too many nice tube amplifiers, this one has to go. Works great, too, with Ruby power tubes and EH pre-amp tubes. You won't be disappointed. It's been sitting idle for too many nights.

I put this on Craigslist at $450, but I would take $400 from a Forumite and make a small donation to bOb if it sells here. No haggling, please. I'm available in San Francisco through this Sunday afternoon to show.

As with the Dekley guitar I'm selling, I'd like to sell this amp locally, 'cause I've had alot of unpleasant experiences with shipping, even a short distance.

Please email me if you're interested.
Chuck Thompson

Post by Chuck Thompson »

these are monster great amps in a small package - last of the hand wired point to point fenders - if lived near larry or if he would ship i would punce on it
Chip McConnell

Post by Chip McConnell »

Larry-
I just noticed this post. I had seen a couple of Concert's listed locally on craigslist recently (yours included apparently) which prompted me to ask about them over in "Electronics". Were you using this primarily for 6-string? If not, did you tweak it for steel?
Larry Chung

Hi Chip - some more details, folks.

Post by Larry Chung »

HI Chip:

Hope you're doing well. Here's what I can tell you:

I was using this amp for both steel and guitar. Great tube tone, I like using the "dirty" channel for steel, actually, as you can really dial in as much harmonic (musical) distortion you want. Really warm sounding. It's 60 watts of tube power, I never used in past about 4 or 5 in master volume. I gigged with it on steel, and it's particularly useful in the studio and at home as well. Has an adjustable line out, which is a big plus.

It definitely sounds like a Fender, too! (:

FYI - I did install a better speaker (EVM) capable of higher clean wattage. I think I'm going to hang on to that speaker (they're worth quite a bit these days, although I really liked the sound of the amp through that speaker).

So why would I sell it? Just ask my '68 Twin w/15" JBL K-130-4. And my Webb 614-E w/another 15" K130-4. I'm in sonic Nirvana, and my neighbors always compliment me on my tone before they ask me to turn down. So this one should go to someone who can use it and give it a good home.

I'm heading out of town for the week, back on Friday. Email me if you're interested. I'm a quick drive away from you, and I'd be happy to sell to you.

ZBest,
Larry
Larry Chung

Post by Larry Chung »

Bump bump. Amp still available and I'm back in town to show to any local comers.

LC
Larry Chung

Sold

Post by Larry Chung »

Thanks, everybody, for your emails and interest.

The amp has found a happy new home here in the Bay Area via craiglist.

bOb, you can close this one up.