Rita Coolidge - The Jealous Kind

Post here if you're looking for something special
Bert ten Hove

Rita Coolidge - The Jealous Kind

Post by Bert ten Hove »

Could anyone help me please?
I'm looking for this song by Rita Coolidge: The Jealous Kind. All I could find is a poor mp3, out of tune (song is in Cis)

Me and my wife Betty would like to play this song http://www.duowhatever.nl/.

Here's a short part of it: http://www.xs4all.nl/~amphora/vintagest ... usKind.mp3

We can't find a CD with this song and the LP is lost . . . All there's left is this mp3.

Anyone who knows if this song is on a CD or has a good mp3. All help would be appriciated. Here in the Netherlands it is impossible to buy this song, we've tried real hard.

I'm creating a backing track without guitar and voice, that's not the problem, but we really would have the song in good quality. (and playing lapsteel together with the mp3 is real hard, retuning the lapsteel is quite diffecult to me)
Michael Brebes

Post by Michael Brebes »

It's from the "Love Me Again" lp 1978. I think I've got it and might have made a CD of it. I'll look.
Michael Brebes
Instrument/amp/ pickup repair
MSA D10 Classic/Rickenbacher B6/
Dickerson MOTS/Dobro D32 Hawaiian/
Goldtone Paul Beard Reso

Mesa Boogie Studio Pre/Hafler 3000
RP1/MPX100
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Bert,You may be able to find the Delbert McClinton version?
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Bert ten Hove

Post by Bert ten Hove »

Michael Brebes wrote:It's from the "Love Me Again" lp 1978. I think I've got it and might have made a CD of it. I'll look.
Yeah, that's the one. I googled and I found the album, in the Netherlands as well.

Now I have to find a friend with a turn-table and the right amp, something with RIAA?

Thanks a lot Michael.

Stu, I heard the Delbert version, we think it's not as nice as the Rita Coolidge one. Joe Cocker recorded this song as well, but we specially like the guitar on the Rita version.
Jerry Erickson

Post by Jerry Erickson »

There's a version by Bobby Charles that has Sonny Landreth on it and is nice.