TX: This weekend

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ron Stafford

TX: This weekend

Post by Ron Stafford »

I'll be at Threadgills South in Austin Friday night with David Ball from 9:00 till 10:30 and I will be doing my own show at The Finish Line in west Ft. Worth Saturday night. Saturday I'll have Wayne Bennett on drums, Steve Soloman and Dirt Stinnett on twin fiddles, the great Billy Martin (Charley Pride's lead guitarist) on bass and vocals and the fantastic Johnny Cox on steel. We start at 9:OO both nights and I invite any and all forumites to come out and please say hello if you do. We'd love to see you!
2009 Rains Ultimate D10
2007 Rains Ultimate D10
1975 Sho-Bud Pro III Custom (retired) :-)
BJS bars
Steelseat.com seats
Jerry Webb

Ron Stafford gigs

Post by Jerry Webb »

Finally sent my 5 dollars in and now I can get my two cents worth in.

If your in to "bang for your buck", you missed a great show last Sat. night at the Finish Line in Fort Worth. For those of you that didn't know, Ron Stafford is one of the most talented pickers around. Not only is he an extremely good steel player, he is one of the most tasteful gut string and tele guitar players around. (Not just my opinion) Ron is also a great singer and puts together a very talented band everytime. What a line-up with Johnny Cox, Wayne Bennett, Billy Martin, and Dirt Stinnett. Steve Soloman was a little under the weather but Sonny Burgess filled in on fiddle and guitar to add another dimension. Hope you can make it a point to come out to his next show or catch him working with David Ball. You will not be disappointed.

I have the pleasure of singing a few songs with Ron, Steve, Billy, Wayne at my CD Release this friday at Pearls dancehall in Fort Worth. Chuck Cusimano will also be there and hopefully Johnny Cox and others will poke their head in as well.

My hat's off to all of these guys for their friendship and talent.
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Ron - Linda and I look forward to seeing ya'll at the Finish Line. And I concur with Jerry regarding your talent as a fine steel, lead guitar and singer. Guys and gals if ya'll are ever down Fort Worth or Austin way ya'll have got to see this guy in action. I remember the first time I saw Ron play steel, he blew me away, then he got up and grabbed a Tele and smoked that set too. This guy is a real talent. You won't be waisting your money if you get to see Ron playing.

Jerry Web welcome to the forum. For those of you that don't know Jerry he is a heck of a singer/bass player. He is as traditional as they come glad your here Jerry.
Chuck Cusimano

What a band!!

Post by Chuck Cusimano »

I stopped by and listened to Ron Stafford and "STOLEN IDENTITY" Last Saturday night at the Finish Line, and it was OUTSTANDING!! every picker is top notch, and you can tell when the band is having fun. I bleeds over to the audience. I had a great time.

Welcome to the Forum Jerry! I'm looking forward to PEARLS this Friday night - July 6th...Your birthday, and some of the rest of us too. But most of all your C D release party. ... Folks it is really a great recording of some very well written songs. You NEED a copy of it if you support REAL COUNTRY MUSIC!
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

I'm sorry I missed it. I'm out on the road this month. Ron is a great talant for sure. I would have like to have seen Dirt play fiddle while eating a cigarette :)
Ron Stafford

Post by Ron Stafford »

Thank you guys for your very kind words, friendship and support. You're much too kind. Thanks also to Leighann Cortes, Durwood Strube, Neil Bailey, Noel Haggard, Randy Brown, Al Muladeaux, Jerry and Chuck for coming out and joining us as special guests, and a special thanks to Sonny Burgess for joining us. What a treat!
Chris, Dirt is really cleaning up his act. He doesn't eat his cigarrettes now until AFTER the show!
2009 Rains Ultimate D10
2007 Rains Ultimate D10
1975 Sho-Bud Pro III Custom (retired) :-)
BJS bars
Steelseat.com seats