Would you attend a Steel-In in Newport, TN?

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Gerald Pressley

Post by Gerald Pressley »

BUMP
George Kimery

Ssteel Inn in Newport, TN

Post by George Kimery »

Gordon, I hope you feel like bringing your old "geetar" with you. You sure did some great picking in Greeneville and I am chomping at the bits to hear some more. Thanks to everybody that says they will support this. Bobby and I will be meeting at the venue on the 30th to check it out and to talk to the owner about a date. I will post information as soon as it is available.
Mike Archer

steel in

Post by Mike Archer »

i would like to be a part of the steel in
if one were held :D
David Fields

What is the Date?

Post by David Fields »

I am a relative newbie to steel, but I would love to attend and listen. If it is only 30 minutes away from Pigeon Forge then I would like to try to make it. I believe this is the stuff that would be awesome for someone like me. I could see how some of you experienced players go about it.

Dave
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Put me down. I would love to come.
<i>My playing sounds more like it did before than it does now</i>
Gary Schuldt

Post by Gary Schuldt »

Hey George! count me in.Also i'm sure fellow band member and forum member Jim Eller would come also.
Our band played at the building you are talking about a couple weeks ago for a benefit.
Although we were outside that day,i did go inside to check it out.The music store and the room where you would play are next to each other.It had a good size stage and plenty of seating.
The owners made us feel very at home there.
Bobby Loveday is a very nice guy,and i'm sure he will go out of his way to make this event a sucess.
I'll probably leave my steel home,and bring the bass.Ha Ha!!Keep us posted East TN. is a great place to visit and live.
Gary Schuldt
George Kimery

Would you attend a Steel In in Newport, TN?

Post by George Kimery »

This is really shaping up. We now have 24 that say they will be there, so we have made the nut and some $ left over for the backup band. Bobby Loveday and I will be at the venue on the 30th to check it out (Bobby has been there, I have not) and to talk to the owner about a date. Thanks so much to everybody that has responded and loves steel and steel players and are willing to support this. I am sure there are a lot of others who read the posts, but are not a forum member, so they can't respond. Plus, a lot, I am sure, just choose not to respond on the forum. It looks like it is definately a go, just got to work out the details. Add to the number, people that come with the players and possibly, some general public, and we should have a very good crowd. I think the venue seats 180. I can't wait!
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Sounds great George. Looking forward to it.
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

George, could you make the date after Fun Fest is over?

Tony
George Kimery

Would you attend a Steel In in Newport, TN

Post by George Kimery »

Tony, no problem. I know Fun Fest is in July. We want to allow time for the word to get out, so I can't forsee having it in July. Probably August or September would be my guess. If there is a lot of interest in visiting the Smokies during the fall, we could even move it up to October. Anybody have a preference as to what month?
Sam White

would you come to a Steel In in Newport

Post by Sam White »

George I suggest you guys have it the First Saturday in march so i can come down from Rhode Island.I could even help out.
Sam White
Ron Elliott

Post by Ron Elliott »

I sure would enjoy playing the show....depending on the up-coming schedules. I have Saluda in August, Scotty's in Sept. and Louisville in October. Just let us know when a date is settled on by the board. I think it will be a good'un. Thanks. Ron
George Kimery

Would you attend a Steel In in Newport, TN?

Post by George Kimery »

Sam, we don't want to wait until March. but if the first one goes well, we might have one later in March. Ron Elliott, wow, would you be a big asset to the gathering. We will avoid all other steel events that we know about for you and others. I will be in St. Louis myself, so that date is definately out. The Saluda date is a bit close to home also, so we will avoid that date. I am really impressed with the quality of pickers, even pro's or ex-pro's, that have indicated that they will attend if possible. I will post a date just as soon as it is set. Thanks to everybody that has responded. Steel Players are the best!!!
Gerald Pressley

Post by Gerald Pressley »

BUMP IT UP PLEASE!
Charlie Powell

Last Weekend in August is Bristol

Post by Charlie Powell »

You might want to avoid the last weekend in August or you may encounter the Bristol Race problem Sam had with the one he was planning in March.
Charlie Powell
George Kimery

Would you attend a Steel In in Newport, TN

Post by George Kimery »

Thanks, Charlie, for the reminder about Bristol races. I had planned on checking the race schedule anyway, but thanks for your input anyway.
Sam White

would you come to a Steel In in Newport TN.

Post by Sam White »

Up tp the top for my Tennessee freinds.S
Sam White
David Martin

Post by David Martin »

George, count me in, I had a great time at the one in Greenville. That was a lot of fun and I met a lot of new and old friends.